First Review by Bohemianwife

A scaled-down Whole Paycheck compared to others - Edit

Lacking any solid ideas, we went to the Whole Foods market in Lexington expecting the usual layout and selections. We were surprised to find that the self-serve deli was about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of most WF's. The selections in the regular deli under the glass made up for it though. The store is overall much smaller than any of the WF's I've been in lately.

Pros: Most of your favorites are here, Not very crowded

Cons: Comparatively small store, Deli choices halved, Smaller seating area inside

Best Restaurant in Lexington - Edit

I gotta say, this place is awesome. I travel to Lexington for business and I eat there every time, sometimes several times in one trip. Numerous vegetarian options that vary on a daily basis. Love the variety of entrees and sides. Seating area is more like a coffee shop than a restaurant, but thats fine. I recommend the PB&J smoothie. Soups werent very impressive. All of the entrees blow my mind (lots of fake meat and flavor, yum!!!)

Pros: great variety, great flavors, perfect

Cons: buffet shuts down in late afternoon, this means you cant get the best stuff, between 2-4:30

not worth it - Edit

The deli is so vegan unfriendly and what is vegan never changes. Sometimes the food looks like it has sat there for days. Vegetarian soups are available once in a while, the vegetarian sandwich is good but have to read labels to find out which bread was vegan. They only have one vegan muffin (blueberry) and its from premade batter. Vegetarian sushi is fresh and good. Selection and stardards of grocery products are above all natural food stores. Vitamin section has very knowledgable staff. Staff of store is very nice and helpful.

Pros: staff, location

Cons: deli selection, price, vegan unfriendly

Kelly Anne We encourage you to set up a free store tour with one of our Healthy Eating Specialists or Educators. This one-on-one tour will show you how to find Vegan options via our convenient signage. We'll also send you home with plenty of recipes and deliver your product requests firsthand to the Prepared Foods Team Leader. We want to make sure your needs are met. Before you leave, make sure to get a taste of our 100% Vegan cupcakes; they've been winning taste tests against non-vegan cupcakes for some time now. This is only one of the Vegan Bakery options now available. You can also special order vegan cakes for any occasion.

Return to Lexington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1316 times since Aug 2007.