Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 858-642-6700

8825 Villa La Jolla Dr (at Nobel Dr), La Jolla, California, USA, 92037

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm Open daily.

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Great Salad bar & Vegan Pizza - Edit

I come here one a week for lunch and I love the selection. The parking is terrible!!! But the customer service and good good make up for it.

Pros: salad bar, pizza

Cons: parking

Great quick meal - Edit

I often go here to get a big salad for lunch with all of the fixings. This Wholefoods is quite a happening spot. Always crowded. I do pick up an occasional item, but never get a full grocery load here as I would pay about 1/3 more overall. But, I can't complain, they fill a niche and have stockholders to report to. I'm glad it's here.

Contributions +195

Standard Large Whole Foods Experience - Edit

So this is my regular shop spot when in SD. A pretty standard Whole Foods experience. Lots of Vegan choices, including the best selection of Vegan frozen pizzas I've ever experienced. Awesome olive bar, hot foods bar, and salad bar, all with amazing options for Vegans. You can't really go wrong here, but like all whole foods, you'll pay for it.
Has more packaged and ready items than actual bulk foods, but all the basics are available bulk. Always a few nice Vegan options in the bakery as well.

Pros: Lots of Vegan options, Nice seating, friendly helpful staff

Cons: whole foods expensive, chaotic and crowded, Big Box experience

nice large store - Edit

During our weekend trip, we stopped in a couple of times to pick up items for breakfast as well as eating lunch there. They have a good variety of vegan items in all areas of the store. In the deli area, there is no separate vegan area, but there was plenty to choose from including vegan pizza by the slice. The employees were very friendly and helpful as well. We also did our weekly shopping there before leaving to go home and I found everything I needed as well as some items I haven't seen at my local store. Overall, a very nice location except for the meat and dairy sections.

Pros: nice large store, plenty of vegan items, easy parking

Cons: sells meat, dairy and eggs

Return to La Jolla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 871 times since Aug 2007.