Wentworth Cafe

n/a

Wentworth Pl, Hexham, England, NE46 1XB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe offering labeled vegan breakfast options. Open Mon 9:30am-4:00pm, Tue-Sat 8:30am-4:00pm, Sun 9:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, British, Gluten-free, Non-veg

First Review by AmySara2011

Scramble on the golf course - Edit

Part of the Hexham establishment and nice to see someone’s put it on Happy Cow. Clearly labelled vegan options including a solid all day breakfast, smashed avocado on toast and huevos rancheros (without poached egg as vegan) as well as other items. They also do an oriental style salad with aubergine strips for the vegan version. I went for scrambled tofu on toast at £5.60. It was nicely presented and actually very enjoyable indeed. If you’re in the town and parking at the huge sub golf course sized Wentworth car park then you can’t miss it and might as well give it a go.

Pros: Vegan options , Soya milk available , Friendly

Scrambled tofu to die for! - Edit

I’m thrilled to see this little cafe in Hexham have added some vegan options to their breakfast menu - delicious options they are too!
Myself and my mum ate here last week and I opted for the ‘vegan breakfast’ which was £7.80 for a portion of the best scrambled tofu I’ve eaten, spinach, hash brown, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and wholemeal toast. My mum opted for the smashed avocado on toast with coriander, lemon and harrisa - it was so tasty she asked for a second portion of the avocado. There is also an option for scrambled tofu on toast and a huevos rancheros that can easily be made vegan by omitting the poached egg.

The owner/manger was pleased we both enjoyed our breakfasts and was delighted to tell us that they are currently in the process of designing their new lunch menu to include more vegetarian and vegan options. We can’t wait to go back and try!

Return to Hexham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wentworth Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.