First Review by AvocadoLover

Garden Oasis (behind store) & Amidst Ag Country - Edit

Video Tour of Watson's:

While speaking on campus at the College of the Sequoias, as part of the vegan outreach program - 10 Billion Lives - we were referred by a student on campus to check out Watson's - as they are not many other vegan options within an hour of this school.

(We are talking no Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, or other health food options in this town, or in the surrounding area.)

Watson's is located "downtown" and is a nice, homey little store, attached to its eatery that serves some sandwiches and hot food.

My friend ordered a veggie burger sandwich. It was lackluster - both the patty and the lame whole wheat bun it was on, but in a vegan-desert town, I suppose it suffices.

There certainly are vegan options there - cheeses, ice cream, snack products, etc. It's a spacious store, uncramped and stuffy, unlike other small town health food stores I have visited. However, I was not surprised or wowed by the options on hand.

There are some local, organic produce items.

The best part is the large garden backspace behind the store, where you can sit down and munch.

Staff are friendly, and there is plenty of free parking nearby.

Pros: Fresh organic produce, Plenty of parking nearby, Vegan options in an area without

Cons: A bit pricey, no more than any local health food s, Not a huge selection

Decent Vegan Burger - Edit

This cute health food store has a good selection of vegan groceries and quite a few vegan options in the attached deli. I picked up a few treats (vegan, slave-free chocolate and fig bars!) as well as their vegan burger. The patty was alright and the bun left something to be desired, but the addition of sprouts and avocado made this a solid burger. I also recommend adding some ketchup and crushed red chili peppers to give it some zing. And don't forget to check out the peaceful garden in the back of the store!

Pros: Vegan Groceries , Menu items can be made vegan , Friendly staff

Cons: Avocado is an extra charge , Bun too small to maintain the integrity of the bur

love it - Edit

i have been here lots of times and i loved ever single visit

Pros: good food, good food, nice people

Cons: small, small, small

Watson's Veggie Garden - Edit

I recently discovered Watson's Veggie Garden while visiting a friend in Visalia. It was such a great discovery. They had lots of great choices. They were very friendly. I will definitely be back!

I love Watson's! - Edit

Watson's is such a great place. I wonder if it should be changed from store to restaurant because they have such a big menu? I really love the vegan eggless egg salad - Yum!!! You can't beat the atmosphere; sitting in the beautiful garden sipping on some iced tea. The store is small, but has a lot of essentials- nuts, vitamins, organic beauty products. I am so glad we have Watson's in Visalia! You should note if you are planning to go there they are closed on weekends and only open during the day.

Pros: Garden!, Yummy organic foods, Good shopping

Cons: Wish they were open more!

Return to Visalia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Watson's Veggie Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.