• Wagamama - Leidseplein

Beer/Wine
Take-out
Asian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. International chain offering Japanese inspired cuisine. Offers options which include dishes like stir-fried udon and soba, katsu curry, fried rice, vegkatsu with rice, gyoza/dumplings, bao buns with mushroom and aubergine, and sorbet for dessert. Juice and smoothies on the beverage list. May not have a separate vegan menu at this location. Open Mon-Thu 12:00-22:00, Fri-Sat 12:00-23:00, Sun 12:00-22:00.

Venue map for Wagamama - Leidseplein
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by susieveg

veganwithfrancis

Points +5891

13 Feb 2024

Happy de peppy

Ah the tofu crisp was amazing!
The gyoza's were fine.
Portions were not enough for a big eater like me, but enough for most ;)

Love Wagamama for quick service and good prices
Missed the coat rack tho so that was my own fault ;p

EsraRice

Points +665

25 Feb 2023

Great ramen

I only tried the vegan ramen (there is one ramen option) and it was really good. Very flavorful and slightly spicy. The tofu was cooked to a perfect crisp. Large portion. Not the biggest fan of udon noodles in ramen but it worked. Fast and friendly service.

Updated from previous review on 2023-02-25

SofiaPeroni_

Points +89

18 Feb 2023

A bit pricey

The food is very spicy. Would recommend only if you’re used to this. It’s not a cheap restaurant, keep that in mind

blackroses

Points +160

21 Jan 2023

Food could be more flavourful

Wagamama has quite some vegan options which are clearly listed on the menu. We were with a group of 12, and it was possible to reserve a table last minute - so that is very nice. Also it is located in the city center and service was really fast, which makes it easy to combine with other activities in the area.
The food was okay, not too special. I shared the vegan miso aubergine and the vegan gyoza to start with. I really liked the vegan gyoza. The miso aubergine was nice but it didn't really taste like miso. As a main I had the vegan pad thai. It was okay, but not very flavourful.
They only had one vegan wine on the menu, which was way too sweet for my taste. The beer was nice though.

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-21

Pros: Service is really fast, Vegan options clearly indicated

Cons: Food could be more flavourful, Disliked the vegan wine

BridgetteFurrow

Points +114

29 Dec 2022

Highly recommend

Definitely get the vegan Katsu curry, yum! The broccoli/bok choy appetizer is also very good.

AnnelienD

Points +387

17 Sep 2022

Tasty food!

Tried the teriyaki shichimi tofu kokoro and really liked it. It was a really nourishing bowl, excellent on a rainy day:) (it was a bit spicy so if you don’t like that I would ask to leave out the chili)

Pros: Really fast, Dishes clearly labeled as vegan , Friendly staff

Cons: A bit pricy

VeganCarson

Points +312

05 Jul 2021

Great!

Clearly labeled (and even color-coded) vegan options on the menu. Large variety, all delicious. Good options for omni friends as well.

VenlaHeiskanen

Points +138

02 Jan 2020

Positive surprise

I've heard some not-so-good reviews about Wagamama, but my first experience in this chains restaurant was excellent.

Pros: Great vegan menu, Delicious

Cons: Big international chain

amy743

Points +215

13 Dec 2019

Delicious food!

Wagamama’s have their own vegan menu, filled with delicious options. I visited twice during my stay and the vegatsu was amazing!! The food is perfectly seasoned and service was quite quick. However, be warned, like in all wagamama restaurants, food comes at different times. The time difference wasn’t two big when we went.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Lots of seating

Cons: Can be quite busy

ameliaann

Points +227

29 Jan 2019

Great vegan menu

The new vegan menu has an fantastic range from gyoza, to cookies veggies, to bao and many more main dishes. It’s still fast food, but it’s reliable, vegan and delicious 👍🏻 Great for tourists in need of food.

veganofamsterdam

Points +226

04 Nov 2018

Horrendous

Worst ffffing service. Sure, it’s fast food, but the unwillingness is staggering and a waste of anyone’s money and time. Also, to be fair: if you like tasteless food, this is the place for you.

sfio

Points +2834

27 Oct 2017

Just as you'd expect

Part of an international chain. Canteen style restaurant, aka seated on communal tables and food comes out as it is ready.
Ask for the allergies menu to see options. We went here as it was close to our hotel and we knew that we'd find vegan & gluten free dishes. For Amsterdam, prices seemed to be reasonable and one of the less pricey options.

TreeBrown

Points +111

30 Sep 2017

tasty chain food

Staff got the allergies menu and talked through options. Got the yasai itame and I was very pleased with it :)
Also green tea is free!

maddylogi

Points +24

16 Aug 2017

Not worth the price

€12-16 per meal, decent portion size, food was dry and needed a healthy amount of soy sauce, vegan menu available although it doesn't show prices or item explanations

kiddoc330

Points +46

01 Jul 2017

Nice lunch spot

Although this isn't a strictly vegetarian or vegan restaurant, there are some options here if you're vegan, vegetarian, or gluten intolerant (as my husband is). Having read the reviews before I went, I knew to ask for the vegan menu at the start. Then, it was easy to see what I could order. The waitress took our order and wrote the corresponding numbers on our placemats, which is how the servers knew which plate went to whom. I loved my vegan pad Thai. It was tasty, filling, and had just enough tofu. I also had the veggie gyoza. I didn't care for the dipping sauce that came with them, but I used some soy sauce that was on the table instead. All in all, this was a nice break from the salads and veggie burgers I had earlier in the week. I was glad to have a tasty vegan lunch option and would go again.

happyowl

Points +2385

21 Apr 2017

Yummy

First to mention: ask for the separate vegan menu. They have one that lists all your options as a vegan. Food is tasty, comes fairly quickly. Service can be somewhat messy; we had 5 or 6 different waiters coming over. Nevertheless a good experience overall.

Pros: they have vegan dessert (coconut ice cream), fairly quick service, tasty food

Cons: seating is not that nice, no back support

susieveg

Points +123

Vegetarian
09 Apr 2016

April 2016

the same food and service as wagamamas everywhere else