Verde Caffe

+39-0733472008

Corso della Repubblica 47, Macerata, Italy, 62100

Cozy restaurant-pub in the city center offering lunch and dinner options, pre-dinner cocktails, coffee, smoothies and shakes, vegan cakes etc. Most dishes are 100% vegan, while a few use eggs and milk or cream. Cakes are made with soy milk and are 100% vegan.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, European, Fusion

First Review by uomotofu

A most pleasant surprise! - Edit

Knowing how veg*-unfriendly Italy (and especially the center) can be, I had prepared for the worst when when I got to Macerata. Against all odds, on the very first evening I found this cozy place offering great dishes, coming in more than generous portions. I got to choose between the whole meal (appetizer, first course, and second course) or the single dish (same food as in the whole meal, but in smaller portions), so I ordered the former with a local beer, and it was great. Plus, prices were more than reasonable, 17€ for the whole package (more or less half of what I would have spent in a regular restaurant for the same quantity of food). I came back two more times during my stay and was not disappointed. What the staff lacked in terms of experience, they compensated with a friendly attitude - and of course good food. Definitely recommended.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 05, 2015

Pros: Excellent vegetarian and vegan food, Large portions, Reasonable prices

Cons: Long waiting times when crowded

Return to Macerata Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Verde Caffe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.