Veggie Heaven

Contact 973-586-7800

57 Bloomfield Ave, Denville, New Jersey, USA, 07834

Vegan Chinese food. This replaced the old Veggie Heaven in Parsippany and has an expanded menu and assorted juices. A range of mockmeat dishes plus tofu and vegetable. Relaxing atmosphere. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri 11:30am-10:30pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by Trainwreck

Love Veggie Heaven! - Edit

I go to Veggie Heaven at least every other week, maybe more. They offer an extensive variety of vegan Chinese food. Everything I have ordered there has been delicious (seriously), but my go-to dish is the general tso's chicken chunks. The spring rolls, hot & sour soup, bubble teas, and desserts are all great as well. I really could go on, but you should just take my word for it and go try them! Enjoy! :)

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Great service, Reasonably priced, BYOB, nice atmosphere

My go-to restaurant! - Edit

I love Veggie Heaven and will go every time I'm in the area! Everything is vegan so there is no worrying or guesswork. There is something for everyone, whether you're into faux meats or just veggies, sweet or spicy. Also has very inexpensive lunch specials. Drinks, desserts, and appetizers are amazing, too! My only critique is that some of the dishes use very sweet sauces, which I personally dislike. I prefer to stick to the spicy dishes and curries -- try the hot pot!

Pros: Everything is vegan, Reasonably priced, Desserts!

Cons: Some sauces are very sweet

Good food - Edit

Everything is vegan - lots of options in this Asian restaurant. Food was very good and wait staff friendly. Overall great night and meal.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 20, 2015

Pros: Lots of choices, moderately priced

great food, all vegan - Edit

This place us all vegan. Many of the dishes use meat substitutes like seitan and most of the cuisine is Chinese food type. Lunch is fairly priced and the service is very fast, so I can eat a leisurely lunch and get back to work over my lunch hour with no problem. They have more dishes so it's not all chinese type food.

Pros: all vegan, fast service, convenient location

I LOVE veggie heaven! - Edit

I ate here in January 2015 as part of a group of 4. I don't really care for the imitation meats, but my boyfriend loves them! They make excellent versions of all kinds of meats, but I like to stick with veggies and tofu. They have an overwhelming array of asian inspired vegan dishes, and well as a complete menu of vegan desserts. I had a banana split and it was some of the best vegan ice cream I've ever eaten!

Good, big portions - Edit

The food was good, but typical vegan Asian food. But I guess you can't pick and choose when you live in a place void of vegan restaurants! I particularly enjoyed the spring rolls & dumplings. The atmosphere was very nice and the staff were all very helpful and welcoming.

Pros: a LOT of options (HUUGE MENU), large portions-leftovers for dayss

Good Chinese Vegan food - Edit

My boyfriend and I go here often, although it is about 45 minutes away. It has great chinese food and meat alternatives there. I love that I can order anything off the menu and not have to substitute anything. Most of their dishes are very similar (like the sauces) but are all delicious! They also have amazing "cheese"cake that tastes like the real thing! The price is decent considering that it is all healthy food. Will definatly be returning

Pros: Tasty Food, Good Vegan Dessert, Meat alternatives taste like real thing

Cons: Some of the dishes taste similiar, Somewhat pricey

Decadence paradise - Edit

Veggie Heaven is not health food. It's vegan mock food and junk food for those times when you feel like pigging out on something out of the ordinary.

This is the place to come to when you find yourself dreaming about fried foods and sweet sauces and...well, you know, Americanized chinese food.

This is the best of the 3 veggie heaven locations. Really nice decor and a huge menu. They even have vegananized sushi.

Service here is always on point and the music is adorable.

Pros: Decadent deliciousness, Huge menu, Vegan sushi

Loving It. Great Improvement. - Edit

Great place for prepared bit processed food. Tons of mock meats for those who are looking for nice outing without worrying what to order. If you need something healthier get avocado salad. It is delish.
Their deserts improved in the last few months also.

Pros: Vegan, Delish

Cons: not to many unprocessed items., too far from my house

BEST FOOD - Edit

Veggie Heaven has the most amazing vegan food i have ever had. They are super friendly and very accomodating. The first time i ever ate there i seriously thought i made some huge mistake and ate chicke, that's how deilcious their food is.

Pros: great sushi, friendly atmosphere

graceful recovery - Edit

After being flooded out from huricane Irene... veggie heaven has recovered gracefully. My first time here and it is all that people say it is. The menu is extensive and creative, the food is delicious, and the prices are reasonable. The staff is attentive and pleasant and the restaurant is very nicely decorated and clean. Kudos to you Veggie Heaven... I'm glad you didn't let a storm bring you down.

There is plenty of healthy food too! - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants. I am getting annoyed with the people who say that all they serve is fake meat and unhealthy fried food. Most of their "specialties" involve those things... the reason is that people have evolved to like those kinds of foods and they are popular. And these dishes are expensive because of the production costs.

However, they have a perfectly good section of so-called "healthy" foods. They have a list of steamed vegetables with various sauces. They have plenty of salads and healthy juices (which I find disgusting). They sell brown rice, and while most of their appetizers are fried, not all are. So there are healthy options and these are the more affordable ones as well. There is no need to rip on this place just because they choose to cater to popular tastes and those dishes tend to be most popular.

The service is excellent. They are good about recommendations, and once they didn't charge us for a juice because we hated it and no one drank it.

Pros: variety, excellent food, only vegan restaurant in north Jersey

Cons: can be expensive, too many decisions

If you like unhealthy prepared food.... - Edit

It's so great to have a vegan place that I want to support -and if I was one of those vegans who eat a traditionally unhealthy SAD diet - I would. Most of the reviews are favorable because fried, salty or sweet is what we were used to. Mock meats are ok once in a while, but the majority of items in this place are mock meats. They have no clue how to prepare tofu (unless fried of course). Thankfully more vegan restaurants are being opened that recognizes that healthy is delicious and know how to cook. I wish the chefs at Veggie Heaven would take some lessons.

A Convenient Chain of Vegan Restaurants - Edit

Veggie Heaven was the first all-vegan restaurant I tried after becoming Vegan. Back then, I thought it was paradise! It was so great to have a whole menu of all natural vegan options-- including dessert! Since then, I've been to many more vegetarian/vegan restaurants, so my absolute love for Veggie Heaven has slowly dwindled.
Don't get me wrong, it's still nice to have Veggie Heaven around as an option, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's my favorite restaurant anymore. The atmosphere is sweet and relaxing, their avocado salad is quite tasty, and their juices/smoothies are pretty darn good. However, my complaint is that they have mostly fake-meat based entrees (which I don't particularly like). I'd say Veggie Heaven is one of those veg restaurants that's good for non-vegetarians that are considering becoming veg... or for vegetarians who miss eating meat. Either way, it's good to have around.

Pros: all natural, extensive menu, friendly staff

Cons: mostly fake-meat based

We keep on going back - Edit

My husband, his good friend, his wife, and I have eaten here many times. The food always is fresh, hot, and yummy. My husbands best friends wife is from China and she LOVES Veggie Heaven. I love going into a place like this and having so many options! They even made a vegan banana split a special one day. I almost died! It was out of this world!

Pros: excellent food, good value, keep going back

Some great items - Edit

Fake meat= fake murder. Most of the items here are fake meat, meant for meat eaters who are trying to be healthy and not true vegans. There are still some good vegan choices at Veggie Heaven mostly their organic salads and juices. The real reason to go here is the amazing dessert!

A Perfect Vegan alternative to Standard Chinese - Edit

I was really impressed. The use of mock meats and seafood is endless here.No MSG used. They do use gluten and soy so if you are allergic check the menu first.
The staff here is very pleasant and ensures you have a fabulous experience every time.
Chocolate cake and the spring rolls were immediately a hit with my dining party.
They offer other things like smoothies and some standards like veggie burgers and yam fries.
Take out is quick and you can call ahead for faster service.
On the weekends if you go in the evening be prepared for a short wait the place gets very busy.
All in all if you know someone who eats SAD food then this will please them. As a Vegan I never knew you could do so much to mimic regular American Chinese food.

Pros: Wide Variety of items, Small intimate dining room, Service

Cons: Abundant use of Soy and Gluten, Limited amount of parking

Veggie Heaven- truly heaven! - Edit

I just went to the VH in Denville, NJ for a fundraiser for ForTheAnimalsSanctuary.org The food was phenomenal and the atmosphere and decor are very pleasing. They even have vegan cheesecake!!! I can't wait to go back!

Pros: Food, Service, Atmosphere

Cons: You leave really stuffed ;)

AWESOME - Edit

GET THE "PORK" FRIED RICE (it will change your life). This place has completely changed my view of vegan dining. This was my first 100% vegan restaurant, and I have to say I'm very pleased with my experience! The food is AWESOME, including all of the fake chicken and beef. There are so many choices, from soups to appetizers to classic Chinese entrees like General TSO's "chicken" and pork fried rice (my favorite). GO HERE! SERIOUSLY! My vegan lifestyle has never been so spoiled!

Pros: extensive menu, excellent food

Cons: stoic staff

One of our favorite places - Edit

We have been to the Denville location several times. I have a great love of noodle soup and they do not disappoint. The chicken curry is my favorite and I usually go for the wide noodles. My wife and father in law swear by the paradise chicken (wife no spice, father in law spicey). The staff is accomodating and the service was prompt. Water glasses are kept full, which shows a lot about you service skills. They were nice to the whole family and I actually introduced my inlaws to the joint. They love it and actually like visiting when they come in from out of state.

Pros: good food, good atmosphere, good wait staff

Cons: parking can be a problem

Better in Denville - Edit

Have been twice in Denville location and the food seems better then when in Pasippany location. The restaurant itself has great atmosphere. Especially good are the drinks - I had a mint, cucumber and other stuff combo that was really refreshing. Food is still a little oily and heavy, but pretty good overall and worth a visit.

Pros: Ambiance, Menu, Service

great vegan food - Edit

This place is awesome..The food is awesome,the staff is super friendly. I have not been to the Denville location but when it was in Parsippany thats how it was. I recomend this place to any veggie and vegan peeps. try the deserts while your there.the are a bit pricy. but they do offer a lunch deals like most chineese places have.

Pros: food, staff,

Return to Denville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Heaven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4015 times since Mar 2009.