• Cafe Metro

International
Italian
Delivery
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe menu consists of mostly vegetarian food, with the exception of a few chicken and fish items. Has vegan options including vegan cheese and carrot cake. Also macrobiotic food options. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Sun.

Venue map for Cafe Metro
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by MrsMaggie

organicnancy

Points +114

30 Jul 2022

Lovely quaint cafe, perfect for mixed groups of vegan and non-vegans

Haven’t been here in about 20 years. I don’t remember them having as many vegan options as they do now so was happy to see so many choices. We had the tofu vegetable stir fry which was simple but amazingly delicious. And my husband had a pizza which was excellent. Even my non-vegan friend had the tofu stir fry and she couldn't stop saying how delicious it was. We also had a very good hummus plate with lightly grilled pita and fresh crudité vegetables. And the vegan carrot cake is a must, one of the best we've had. Not too sweet, very moist, just right. The cafe is in a historic house so it has that homey feel with somewhat separate rooms and skylights above.

Pros: Extensive vegan options, Quaint setting, Excellent dessert

Cons: Serves meat, A bit hard to park

jaslow

Points +27

04 Jun 2022

Great lunch spot

I had the veggie wrap with a salad. There were many other vegan options to choose from

Pros: Many vegan options

Stacycats

Points +24

13 Aug 2019

Vegan options

Cafe Metro is a perfect spot when dining with omnivores. Best carrot cake.

Pros: Vegan options, Outdoor dining, Desserts

KennaJane

Points +205

01 Aug 2019

Great Food and Atmosphere

This place is the cutest little cafe and offers nutritious vegan meals. I love how they use local food and showcase local art in their restaurant.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Good quality menu items, Great atmosphere

Larr&TanVegan

Points +61

21 Jul 2017

Delighted

We were so pleased with the vegan selections at this restaurant. The handmade edamame dumplings appetizer was so special. Each of the two of us had different vegan dinner entrees that were well done, especially for an otherwise non-vegan establishment. This is a restaurant that would be a shining example of what vegans would appreciate more restaurants doing. If you are a vegan for allergen considerations, you should be careful here.

AllyssaJadeAcevedo

Points +92

22 Jun 2017

Vegan pizza made me sick :(

I came here with my mom in search of vegan pizza and I ordered a personal. I ate about half of it and was literally sick for 3 days after that. I read that the vegan cheese was not really vegan and I'm sure eating that much of that pizza is what killed my stomach. I will not be going back.

ChristinaKaras

Points +116

17 Aug 2016

Lies to customers

Went here and was assured they had vegan cheese, so I ordered a dish. Something seemed off so I asked what brand they used and was told Soy Kaas. When I got home, a quick Google search revealed that it is Soy Kaas, which is not vegan at all (casein). I was upset and disappointed to have messed up and eaten something non-vegan due to incompetent wait staff. Not a vegan-friendly restaurant if wait staff fail to understand the definition of vegan. Their Asian-style dishes are pretty good, though. Not returning here.

Alevene

Points +65

06 Jan 2016

good for bringing non vegan friends

I came here for my birthday with a small group of people, and I was very well accommodated. They have plenty of vegan options and I got a yummy Asian noodle dish while my friends ate pizza or something. Nice atmosphere, mostly older crowd at night.

Pros: good vegan options, versatile

Cons: not good for big groups

onlyahuman

Points +213

17 May 2010

Uniformed, over priced

We were served a "vegan" pizza, told it was vegan only to find out later that it wasn't. I asked if they had vegan butter and the waitress laughed at me. This is not a place for vegans, just seafood eating yuppies.

MrsMaggie

Points +102

08 Feb 2009

Decent

Its a decent place a bit on the pricey side but limited n its dishes. the soy mozzarella is NOT vegan, it has ceisin. They could not tell me anything about the breads, but the food overall was decent. Good for a veg and omni mixed party.

Pros: taste, service

Cons: price, selection