Cafe Metro

Contact 973-625-1055

60 Diamond Spring Rd, Denville, New Jersey, USA, 07834

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe menu consists of mostly vegetarian food, with the exception of a few chicken and fish items. Has vegan options including vegan cheese and carrot cake. Also macrobiotic food options.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by MrsMaggie

Lies to customers - Edit

Went here and was assured they had vegan cheese, so I ordered a dish. Something seemed off so I asked what brand they used and was told Soy Kaas. When I got home, a quick Google search revealed that it is Soy Kaas, which is not vegan at all (casein). I was upset and disappointed to have messed up and eaten something non-vegan due to incompetent wait staff. Not a vegan-friendly restaurant if wait staff fail to understand the definition of vegan. Their Asian-style dishes are pretty good, though. Not returning here.

good for bringing non vegan friends - Edit

I came here for my birthday with a small group of people, and I was very well accommodated. They have plenty of vegan options and I got a yummy Asian noodle dish while my friends ate pizza or something. Nice atmosphere, mostly older crowd at night.

Pros: good vegan options, versatile

Cons: not good for big groups

Uniformed, over priced - Edit

We were served a "vegan" pizza, told it was vegan only to find out later that it wasn't. I asked if they had vegan butter and the waitress laughed at me. This is not a place for vegans, just seafood eating yuppies.

Decent - Edit

Its a decent place a bit on the pricey side but limited n its dishes. the soy mozzarella is NOT vegan, it has ceisin. They could not tell me anything about the breads, but the food overall was decent. Good for a veg and omni mixed party.

Pros: taste, service

Cons: price, selection

Return to Denville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Metro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1657 times since Jan 2008.