First Review by scratchgrey

disappointment of holidays - Edit

We tried this restaurant during holidays and we were a bit disappointed with the food (especially because all I have tried in this country was very good). We waited for a longtime and were surprised that the food served was almost cold.
A lot of choices but not really tasty. Nice staff.

Pros: nice staff

Cons: not tasty, small portions

Fabulous vegan cafe - Edit

What a wonderful vegan meal. We chose the daily offerings and the food was fantastic, as were the fresh juices and especially the raw desserts. The lady there explained some of the desserts were not vegan as they have honey, I was very impressed with her understanding of this.

They were accommodating when we took a baby in, there was a high chair but it was being used.

Lovely decor and atmosphere.

Overall 5* and great to see vegan in Bulgaria.

Pros: Choice, speed of service, quality of food

Nice restaurant - watch out for stealth honey - Edit

As pointed out by the previous reviewer, this restaurant serves honey so is not 100% vegan! Despite this, the staff will assure you everything is vegan (this happened to me elsewhere too, maybe the definition of veganism is slightly different in Bulgaria for some reason?) - just make extra clear when ordering that you don't eat honey and you should be fine. (I have also asked Happy Cow to change this listing from 'vegan' to 'vegetarian').

Food-wise, the menu is clearly aimed at more health conscious vegans than myself - the majority of the menu is raw. I opted for a cooked meal of quinoa and vegetables with basil which was ok at best - very watery, tasteless and it didn't fill me up. Because I was still hungry I had a chocolate tart for pudding (they had lots of puddings but this was the only one which didn't contain honey) which was very tasty and kind of made up for the disappointing main course.

The meal was also quite pricey- a main, dessert and smoothie was 20lv - the most expensive meal I ate in Bulgaria by far.

Overall it was fine - there aren't loads of vegan options in Plovdiv and the restaurant itself is quite nice - perhaps I just got unlucky with the main. Just be careful of the honey!

Pros: choclate tart, nice restaurant, they have vegan wines

Cons: restaurant staff assure you everything is vegan bu, not impressed with quinoa main, expensive

Return to Plovdiv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.