First Review by scratchgrey

LOVE THIS PLACE! - Edit

Finally, a place in Bulgaria that can make proper vegan food. It really is a beautiful place, with creative dishes, huge menu, and also daily menus and special menus periodically. The hot chocolate was incredible, as was the hummus.

Keep in mind, though, they some of the dishes are made with honey, so for some that's a no-no. For me, I didn't mind, but just a warning!

Would highly recommend

Pros: quality of food, price

Masters of vegan food - Edit

Excellent place from every point of view. The food is really great, but the restaurant is also good enough visually and hygienically. Very good atmosphere and great staff. We never had anything bad here, on the contrary. Everything has been both tasty, filling and truly satisfying.

It's an unfortunate fact that a place with such amazing abilities to cook vegan food should be rated down. I've been to places listed as "vegan" that even served cheese. And Veggic got rated down for serving honey? Oh well...

The people at Veggic are masters of true vegan food, in my opinion, because they don't just work to substitute meat dishes with a vegan equivalent. They create truly original and unique dishes there that are vegan for all the right reasons.

Truly worthwhile place to visit as much as possible - find out for yourself! I consider this one of the best green restaurants I've visited in Europe.

disappointment of holidays - Edit

We tried this restaurant during holidays and we were a bit disappointed with the food (especially because all I have tried in this country was very good). We waited for a longtime and were surprised that the food served was almost cold.
A lot of choices but not really tasty. Nice staff.

Pros: nice staff

Cons: not tasty, small portions

hot choc is amazing - Edit

inexpensive, lovely decor and service. kernel cream cheese was more like a dip and not very cheesy but the hot chocolste was so good I burnt myself haha

Fabulous vegan cafe - Edit

What a wonderful vegan meal. We chose the daily offerings and the food was fantastic, as were the fresh juices and especially the raw desserts. The lady there explained some of the desserts were not vegan as they have honey, I was very impressed with her understanding of this.

They were accommodating when we took a baby in, there was a high chair but it was being used.

Lovely decor and atmosphere.

Overall 5* and great to see vegan in Bulgaria.

Pros: Choice, speed of service, quality of food

Nice restaurant - watch out for stealth honey - Edit

As pointed out by the previous reviewer, this restaurant serves honey so is not 100% vegan! Despite this, the staff will assure you everything is vegan (this happened to me elsewhere too, maybe the definition of veganism is slightly different in Bulgaria for some reason?) - just make extra clear when ordering that you don't eat honey and you should be fine. (I have also asked Happy Cow to change this listing from 'vegan' to 'vegetarian').

Food-wise, the menu is clearly aimed at more health conscious vegans than myself - the majority of the menu is raw. I opted for a cooked meal of quinoa and vegetables with basil which was ok at best - very watery, tasteless and it didn't fill me up. Because I was still hungry I had a chocolate tart for pudding (they had lots of puddings but this was the only one which didn't contain honey) which was very tasty and kind of made up for the disappointing main course.

The meal was also quite pricey- a main, dessert and smoothie was 20lv - the most expensive meal I ate in Bulgaria by far.

Overall it was fine - there aren't loads of vegan options in Plovdiv and the restaurant itself is quite nice - perhaps I just got unlucky with the main. Just be careful of the honey!

Pros: choclate tart, nice restaurant, they have vegan wines

Cons: restaurant staff assure you everything is vegan bu, not impressed with quinoa main, expensive

Honey is NOT Vegan - Edit

Please do not mislead people - honey is a purely ANIMAL PRODUCT, hance nothing vegan about it!!!!!

Good selection - Edit

Really well presented food with equally great taste. Service was great and the location was only a few minutes walk from the main city street.

Pros: selection, presentation, quality

Return to Plovdiv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.