Vegan's Delight

Contact 718-653-4140

3565-C Boston Rd (at Tiemann), Bronx, New York, USA, 10469

Bronx vegan restaurant selling Caribbean vegan cuisine for take away. Also organic juice bar, and organic grocery store with vitamins, herbs, supplements, and take-out meal service. Counter service only.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Caribbean, Catering, Jamaican

First Review by turtledog

Tasty hot food - Edit

Located in a small strip mall near auto repair shops and Walgreens, Vegan's Delight is an all-vegan (ital) grocery store with a food counter in the back. The food was delicious. There was hot seitan and potatoes, curried vegetables, bean and rice, and grains. They have all the vegan essentials like Bragg's, soy yogurt, and fake meats that you can't find in the local markets.

Hidden Gem! - Edit

My NOT vegan fiance checked this place out for me. He called me from outside and was extremely skeptical of walking in. I said the reviews I have read were all positive and to check it out. As soon as he walked in, he was in shock! He kept telling me how there was all this great stuff and that I would love it there. He picked me up some patties and tofu fricassee but I wanted everything he said they had hahaha!

Jamacian me hungry - Edit

This is a hidden gem on the far side of the Bronx. Friendly service and great food. It is different from most Vegan places that tend to lean toward Asia, this is great Jamacian food. I'm not Jamacian but it was great for a change.
Try it sometime

A Bronx Treasure - Edit

This place is a treasure if you live in the Bronx (not Riverdale). Yes, it's small. The place is mostly a market for grocery staples and they carry things I can't find in my usual health food market. They offer fresh food with a new menu daily. Their menu tells you their mission statement about their "vegan standard." They use only fresh organic ingredients, no salt or MSG, and never any tap water or pre-packaged spice mixes. They really believe in purity because "you are what you eat."

Today we had a vegetable patty and a soy patty. They were delicious. We got the lunch special which we didn't think was overpriced at all considering the quality of their ingredients and you get your choice of two entree proteins and 3 side dishes. We got veggie stew and curried tofu (so gooood) with sides of rice and peas, steamed kale and potato salad.

On other days they offer other vegan specialities, most with a Caribbean flair. They also serve breakfast and dessert. The people who work there are friendly and polite. The place was crowded on a Saturday afternoon but the line moved fast and smoothly.

Given that it's near impossible to find vegetarian/vegan food in the Bronx (heck, you can barely find any healthy food in the Bronx), we are so happy to find this place. It's going to be a regular for us.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Good Value

Cons: Small, Only Take out

Return to Bronx Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan's Delight closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5893 times since Aug 2007.