Vegan Bites

BTL Park, kiosk 16, Newton Barracks Rd, Belize City, Belize,

Offers a variety of vegan food served buffet style with a Caribbean twist, including mac and cheese, lasagna, potato salad, pasta salad. Located in the BTL Park next to the Princess Hotel.

Category: Vegan, Buffet, Take-out, Caribbean, Catering

First Review by Ras mark

Good vegan food in Belize - Edit

After surviving on rice and beans for my trip, on our last day we found this gem....yeah!!! Comfort food at its best! The owner Reuben had many choices and everything was full of flavor and delicious. Did I mention that prices were a steal. We had fried rice made with brown rice, stew pumpkin, vegan ginger chicken(amaaaazing!!), and a zucchini medley. We also purchased vegetable, whole wheat patties for the road, along with 3 whole wheat, ginger chicken wraps. Reuben also had a extremely moist, vegan, carrot cake..yum yum yum. We regret that we found this place on the last day of our visit. Great 100% vegan food!

Pros: Great price, Full of flavor, Great portions

Wholesome Home-Cooked All Vegan! - Edit

Visiting from San Diego, I was thrilled to find a 100% vegan eatery in Belize City. Reuben told me that it was tough finding vegan food here, so he started his own restaurant. The food was tasty and filling with lots of choices, including dessert!
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 14, 2014

Good Vegan Food In Belize City - Edit

Tasty dishes, largely nut free (Ruben, the proprietor, was very helpful in explaining what ingredients he uses). Good location (BTL Park - safe at night too, and taxi drivers know where it is). Facebook page is up to date (as of 15.6.2014). I recommend calling ahead to verify that they're open. Great value (large styrofoam tray costs BZ$10). Would ceartinly go back if staying longer in Belize.

Pros: Good Food, Cheap

Cons: No Covered Seating

This was OK - Edit

First of all, kudos to Vegan Bites for creating an all-vegan place to eat in Belize City, where vegetarian food (other than rice and beans) isn't particularly common. Anyway, Vegan Bites is in a small hut in a waterfront park just north of the Princess Hotel and Casino, where there are other huts that serve various (mostly ethnic food such as Jamaican or Filipino, with usually limited vegetarian options). People eat outside on park benches. Anyway, Vegan Bites appears to normally be open at lunch, but are inconsistent with their evening hours (if they're open, they're open around 7-8 PM, but some evenings they're closed). Their food was OK but not great (could use a little more flavor/spice)--tasted a bit "amateurish" but at least there was a good variety in the buffet (which is priced based on the size of the container (it's styrofoam though)--if you get the large, then you can get a little of everything). They have a variety of soy dishes and vegetable dishes (callaloo, squash, okra, etc.), plus whole wheat tortillas and Jamaican patties. Hopefully they'll improve and become 4 or 5 "cows" soon!

Pros: Vegan!, good variety, nice setting in a park

Cons: not quite flavorful enough, served in styrofoam, inconsistent hours

Great... - Edit

I love their food. They have a good selection and the portions are filling. I was amazed by their lasagna. The cantaloupe juice was very refreshing, not too sweet or over powering just a great clean flavor. The other night they even had a bun and cheese selection....my oh my...haven't ate cheese in years but their vegan cheese hit the spot....staff members we ever so kind....I'm a satisfied customer!!!!!

Pros: The location is great, Good selection, Affordable prices

Return to Belize City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Bites closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1594 times since Feb 2014.