First Review by LizDee

Love the new location - Edit

Walked past the new location by happenstance. Great open space with various types of clothing, everything from coats to bathing suits available. I was on my way somewhere else yesterday, but will definitely stop by again soon when I have more time to browse.

Vegan-forward fashion! - Edit

I love Vaute Couture! Their clothes are beautiful and they seem to genuinely care if their customers are happy. My partner and I have bought a winter coat each and we could not be happier. I get so many compliments on my very stylish-but-still-work-appropriate-coat. I feel very fashionable and confident when I wear it. And it's made out of recycled plastic bottles, AND the coats are made in the good ol' U.S.A., so it helps both animals, the environment, and the national economy!

Their customer service is equal to none. When my partner bought his coat, the pocket stitches came undone. We notified Vaute and they asked us to bring it and and fixed it with no problem! When I bought my coat, I noticed that it was missing some buttons on the lapel. I emailed Vaute and was told I could bring my coat by the store and they'd fix it up - no problem! It has gotten warm so bringing the coat in is not a priority for me right now, but I will surely be stopping by in the coming months!

If you follow Vaute on social media, there are often interactive messages like alerts of sales and polls on what colors they should pick for the next crop of clothes. Eeeee!

Pros: Wonderful Customer Service, Beautiful Clothes

Vegan fashion! - Edit

Admittedly I have never been to the store in Brooklyn but I made several orders online. Got an amazing coat and a few sweatshirts and tee-shirts.
The service is excellent, the communication wonderful and the quality and design amazing.
Yes the coats are expensive (although i got mine on a pre-order sale so I can't really complain), but they are designed and made in the US with only quality fabrics and if I can afford to, I will always support all the indies out there!
Vaute Couture is amazing and so is its creator!

I - Edit

I cannot recommend Vaute Couture's shop, Vaute Here, highly enough. Best winter coats ever, vegan or no (I wore many a non-veg coat in my pre-veg days). They clothes are just better: Better design, better materials, better performance. The coats stay warm, even when wet (can't say the same about wool)! I love that they have expanded their line to include other fantastic compassionate clothes, too. No animal need suffer or die to make clothes, period (let alone make clothes that aren't even as cool as the vegan option)! Yes, the coats can be pricey (worth it- they last!), but catch them during a sale and you are getting a steal!

Pros: Design, Quality, Compassion

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vaute Couture closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1458 times since Sep 2012.