Urban Fresh

Contact 520-792-9355

73 E Pennington St, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85745

Plant-food cuisine created to aid health, since summer 2013. Offers salads with choice of oil-free dressing, wraps and sandwiches, desserts, soups, smoothies and juices. Daily specials, grab-n-go. Also hosts cooking classes and educating the community on the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle. July 2015 owner reported it's re-opened. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by vegangirl45

I have only been here twice, but plan to visit again - Edit

This is a great spot. When i started to 'juice' I went to Urban Fresh and tried a sample of all of their juice options

We have only eaten there twice since, and it was great

I am usually downtown after they have closed unfortunately

Pros: quick, prepared sandwiches and lunches, Taste & Flavors, friendly, helpful staff (and owner)

Cons: their hours, they close earlier than I am downtown

A Refreshing Experience - Edit

The Urban Fresh experience was so great that it prompted me to create a Happy Cow account to give it a well-deserved rating.

The basics: incredible and tasty food, excellent service, average to below-average prices, and a pleasant dining environment.

The most memorable thing about Urban Fresh, however, is the owner. This man has his heart and mind in the right place. It's refreshing to see an individual care so about vegetarian and vegan community as well as the extended city community as well. Talking to the owner was just as pleasant as the delicious meal.

He also gave us fresh, home-grown tomatoes, a pumpkin, and a scone as parting gifts. To reiterate: this man has a wonderful heart and it is readily apparent in the niche he's carved out in Tucson known as Urban Fresh. Check it out.

Delicious Fresh Whole Foods! - Edit

This is an adorable little cafe with sandwiches, soups, smoothies, juices and more. The owner was fantastic - super involved in the community and helping to start gardens with school kids. My boyfriend and I devoured both soup specials (a creamy mushroom and a sweet potato apple bisque). We also had one of their amazing power shakes - ginger snap. So great. They also had a seitan wrap special that day which looked amazing. We met a lot of cool people while we were eating here who helped direct us to other vegan finds in Tucson. We will definitely be back before we leave town!

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Friendly staff and customers, Lots of healthy choices

The cleanest, freshest food in Southern Arizona - Edit

Urban Fresh always has been a special place for those who value fresh, clean, delicious vegan food. New owners Chauncey and Dana, two genuinely nice and generous people, have preserved that tradition and have added their own innovative culinary twists. In addition to great food, Urban Fresh has developed a number of partnerships with community groups, especially with young people, that promise to pay dividends in terms of introducing many to the delights and benefits of real, whole, plant-based food. For anyone living in or traveling through the Tucson area, Urban Fresh should be on any must-visit list.

Pros: Excellent food, Very friendly staff, Good vibe

excellent fresh options - Edit

I have been wanting to come here for a while and finally got a chance to. The staff is really friendly and the food is delicious and fresh. There are lots of great plant powered options and I was really happy with my experience.

Pros: lots of great vegan options, delicious

Cons: Open limited hours

Fresh is the word! - Edit

I love nearly everything about this place...

The staff are beautiful, helpful and went out of their way for us during our visits back in April. The owner knew we'd struggle to find vegan food in town on a Saturday, so she put some stuff aside and agreed to meet us there on Sat afternoon (when closed) to give us a goody bag to eat that day. How nice is that??
Also one of the girls that worked there took us to a charity vegan bake sale that was happening across town as we didn't have a car- really sweet of her :)
The food and juices are super fresh and healthy.
The menu is interesting, well thought out and full of flavour...
It's clearly popular with locals, with a constant stream of lunchtime customers! Plenty of seats for those few who want to sit in and enjoy/relax...

My only criticism as mentioned by others, is the fact everything is disposable and I utterly despise that.
I can appreciate it when it's cardboard and someone is taking it away for lunch, but we had take away plates, cutlery, cups etc even for sitting in to eat a wrap (that didn't even NEED cutlery).
A real downer on this place, it would be perfect if this was changed.
The owner really is wonderful and the guys here made our time in Tucson really memorable, so I'd 100% still recommend this as your first stop for veggies & vegans :)

Pros: the people, super fresh food

Cons: disposable everything :(

If I lived in Tucson, I would eat here daily - Edit

This is the only raw/vegan place available in Tucson. I am so impressed by how helpful they were. I didn't necessarily want anything exactly from the menu, so the owner let me read off ingredients, and created a raw wrap for me. The food is beyond fresh. Eateries like his are abundant where I live, in insisting Tucson, this was IT. Delicious flavors. I will return every time I come to this city. Well worth the hassle of parking and every penny.

Pros: Delicious variety, Wonderful, helpful staff, Fresh, plant based menu

Cons: Pay for parking (downtown area), Only two raw items on menu

Happy, Happy Cows Here - Edit

Great, great food. 8 Choices on Smoothies Menu 16 or 24 oz. 7 Juice choices,12& 16 oz. Salads, wraps, veggie burger & several desserts. Other beverages: coconut water to tea or coffee; plus meals to go. Local Raw Chef Kosan comes through on occassion. There is $1.00 off smoothies after 2PM (Happy Hour). Just several blocks from main downtown Bus Station/Depot. Vegeducation events on weekends.

Pros: Great Menu, Friendly Folks, Paid Parking Bldg near by

Cons: Closes at 3PM_weekdays only, Street Parking minimal

Fine, but small portions - Edit

I don't dislike this restaurant, I just know you have to walk in with your eyes open. The portions are small: order two to get full. They know what is oil-free and what is full of fat. This is good! The flavors are simple. Sometimes I like this, but I'm usually craving something heartier and more flavorful.

Pros: Oil-free options, People are nice and knowledgeable, Vegan!

Cons: Pricing, Location (hard to park), Small servings

swimming in amazing! - Edit

This is PURE, FRESH, ORGANIC, LOVE-FILLED BEAUTY on a plate!

Everyone is so friendly, and the food, it is super crispy and FRESH like the name.

They are paving the way, changing landscapes, brightening the future... RAYS OF SUNSHINE in Tucson.

The only Authentic VEGAN - VEGGIE POWERED FREEDOM FIGHTER food in Tucson, everything else is tainted with microwaves or animal products.

This place is F-R-E-S-H !!!

Pros: location, price, super fresh

Cons: lots of packaging, plastic, recycling?

Fabulous Healthy Food and a Reasonable Price! - Edit

My family went to Urban Fresh for lunch recently and discovered what a treat it was! The servings are generous, the prices are low, and the food is SO yummy and healthy. I had the Yin and Yang salad with rice noodles...it was so big I had to take at least a third of it home. Their wraps and smoothies are great too. Parking downtown can be a little tricky, but it's definitely worth it!

Pros: Fast Service, Fresh Food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Difficulty Parking, Limited Hours

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Urban Fresh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.