First Review by backpasher

Excellent find in a city with very few veg options! - Edit

As there are hardly any vegetarian options at the restaurants in Lahad Datu, this was a dream find. My boyfriend and I ate here 3 times during our stay because the food was so good and there really were not many other restaurants with veg options in town. Each time, we chose 4-5 dishes from the buffet and tea. This included some fake meat/tofu, mushroom, and greens dishes. All of it was incredibly good and cheap.

We were only in town as a stop-over to Danum Valley Field Centre so it was also conveniently located near the DVFC office and the airport. When we visited, the menu was only in Chinese so we just had to point out what we wanted. If you say "no egg" in English, they will understand. Otherwise, everything else is 100% vegan. I definitely recommend this place!

Pros: Excellent food - authentic Chinese, Cheap, Only Veg place in town

Cons: None really

Photo of Unicorn Vegetarian Restaurant  by <a href="/members/profile/rainforestspirit4">rainforestspirit4</a> <br/>Relaxed restaurant ambiance <br/> September 30, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/9287/310231'>Report</a>

Relaxed restaurant ambiance

Photo of Unicorn Vegetarian Restaurant  by <a href="/members/profile/rainforestspirit4">rainforestspirit4</a> <br/>Store sign <br/> September 30, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/9287/310230'>Report</a>

Store sign

Photo of Unicorn Vegetarian Restaurant  by <a href="/members/profile/rainforestspirit4">rainforestspirit4</a> <br/>Excellent authentic vegetarian Chinese food <br/> September 30, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/9287/310229'>Report</a>

Excellent authentic vegetarian Chinese food

Cheap and delicious - Edit

I spotted this place from the bus a few days ago and hot-footed it there to check out the food. Menus in English/Chinese available and there is a good selection of dishes. I didn't actually see the buffet until after I had already ordered so feasted on the mock duck and some veggie spring rolls, whilst my friend had a satay tempeh noodle dish. The food was delicious and excellent value. My non-veggie friend also enjoyed his food!

A welcome find in a small but pleasant town in Eastern Sabah.

If you can find the Danum Valley Field Centre office (Borneo Nature Tours office is next door) in the Fajar complex, it is about 2-3 streets behind this, heading away from the airport. There is a 100yen shop across the street which sells delicious desserts - veggie, but probably not vegan.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Friendly service

Cons: None!

Return to Lahad Datu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Unicorn Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.