Two Vegan Sistas

800-984-0379

6343 Summer Ave Ste 110, Memphis, Tennessee, USA, 38134

Vegan and raw food delivery turned brick-and-mortar restaurant in 2013. Menu features a mix of raw as well cooked meals. Sample dishes such as old fashioned spaghetti with vegan meatballs and Southern style collard greens with black eyed peas and cornbread. For dessert try the live apple pie or rice krispie treats. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-7:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Raw, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by CindyElder

visit this place - Edit

On a business trip to Memphis I knew I had to stop here and so happy I did. I had the chik-n-dumplings and it was simply lovely with all the meshed flavors. The dressing on the side salad was delightful and the strawberry cake was simply yummy. The only small issue for me was they were out of maple syrup for their green tea and I truly do not like stevia but one can't help it when one runs out of something. So still 5 stars!

Easy to be healthy while visiting Memphis - Edit

I visited Memphis TN and stayed at the Homewood Suites on Poplar. I purchased one of the meal plans and had it delivered. The food was delicious, healthy and a much less expensive than eating out. I even took some of the meals as a "lunch" while working. Would definitely do it again.

Pros: healthy, tasty, delivered

Good Food, Super Friendly Staff - Edit

My husband and I stopped here on our way through Memphis. The food was pretty good. It was definitely an affordable price for what we got. I ordered the mushroom burger, and he got spaghetti. My burger was way to oily for me, so we ended up switching. It wasn't a stellar meal or anything but it worked, the place was clean, the ladies running it were extremely nice, and the food filled us. I just wished they used a little less oil! I would give it a 3 1/2 because of the taste of the food, but because of how nice and clean it was, how nice they were, and how well labeled the menu was I gave it the four.

*If you are WFPB, I wouldn't recommend, simply because of the high oil content. Otherwise though, it was pretty clean food.

Pros: Extremely nice wait staff, Good price , Good portions

Cons: Oil

Incredible food at an awesome price! - Edit

My wife and I are visiting Memphis and I drove the 18 minutes out of downtown to reach this place and it was completely worth the drive.

First I was greeted by the nicest person in all of the US. I sat down and saw the prices on the menu and my eyes popped out of my head! I have never seen such low prices on real great food!

I had a raw burger, 2 appetizers, a chocolate shake, and two desserts for under $25.

The food was amazing! I can't stress out awesome this place was!

Remember *if* you believe it is morally wrong to hurt animals, then you already believe in veganism. www.whyveganism.com

Go vegan. Educate others.

Pros: Great tasking and healthy whole food, All vegan and uses the word "vegan" , Incredible price

Bee products are not vegan -- Now off the menu - Edit

I've upgraded to 5 stars now that I've learned that bee products are off the menu. :-) Kudos to the sistas!

Visiting from San Diego with family members, I was eager to eat at a 100% vegan restaurant, which was what I assumed from the restaurant's name and its (former) "Vegan" listing on HappyCow.

To my surprise, bee products were on the menu. When I pointed this out to the kind, mature waitress, she said it was a good thing I mentioned it so that she didn’t serve me anything else with those items in it (which made me wonder about the smoothie I was already drinking).

After an otherwise tasty meal, I spoke with one of the “Sistas” to let her know that bee products weren’t vegan. She said she had read they were "healthy."

Naturally, I eat at vegan restaurants so I don’t have to ask or worry about animal ingredients. But after a month, their menu has not changed. I'm hoping the recent downgrade to "Vegetarian" status on HappyCow will convince the sisters to eliminate bee products.

I wish them all the luck in the world as their hearts are in the right place.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 27, 2014

Pros: Good wholesome food, Friendly staff, Now 100% vegan

3 Responses

BrettaBlanton 26 Dec 2013 - Hello Mike, we understand your concern and know that bee products are not considered completely vegan by some. Clearly, bees are an animal. But, did you know that there are countless vegan communities around the world who accept bee products as vegan? Bee products added to the vegan diet has been a point of controversy for quite some time. There are even a number of well-respected vegan nutritionists such as David Wolfe who embrace bee products. I am just using this information to point out that there are some in the vegan community who use bee products and some who don't. We respect both groups of vegans and respectfully call both groups 'vegan'. There are only 3 other vegan establishments in Memphis, and (from my experience) we all have honey in our restaurants. And, another thing that we all have in common is that we will leave the honey out of an order when it is requested- because we understand that people are at different levels. This is what we did when we found out that you did not want any honey. We used date syrup and stevia in your order instead. So, in closing, I just wanted to clarify why we call restaurant vegan, that we are not the only vegan restaurant that uses honey, and also that we leave honey out of orders when requested. We really don't use honey that often and may consider leaving it off the menu one day, but we just don't see it as a problem since we don't use it for those who don't want it. Thanks for your positive feedback- just didn't want you to think that we were forcing honey on people.

mmuqtasid 07 Aug 2016 - I'm vegan and do not understand why the exclusion by some of bee products. The bee is an insect, not being killed maybe a little mistreated by harvesting it's food supply. When you eat a plant based diet you consume countless insects, byproducts of insects etc. So I just don't see it. Therefore, honey is okay in my food.

Mike Weinberg 08 Aug 2016 - Hello mmuqtasid. If you're interested in learning why honey is NOT vegan, check out http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm. By definition, a vegan avoids animal products whenever possible, and honey is easily avoided. Those who can't resist bee products have taken to calling themselves "beegan." Best, Mike

great people, great food! - Edit

My husband and I stopped for lunch in Memphis on a long drive home in the spring. We had heard about Two Vegan Sistas, but it was a bit out of our way since we were on the Interstate. We decided to check it out anyway. The food was healthy and delicious, and the women were very nice. After days of eating on the road, a healthy meal was so welcome.

Return to Memphis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Two Vegan Sistas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.