Twenty Tap

Contact 317-602-8840

5406 N College Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46205

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub offering 30+ beers on tap. Vegetarian choices are marked on menu, some of which could be made vegan by omitting cheese/aioli. Mon 4:00pm-11:00pm, Tue-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by KatieB

beer, beer, and food - Edit

I go here often. My absolutely favorite thing ever at the moment is the seitan lettuce wraps. I hope they never ever take them off the menu, I want to put them in my mouth every day. Even one of the servers one day said "they are my everything." The sauce is out of this world delicious. My next fave thing here is the veggie buffalo wings (tempura cauliflower in buffalo sauce). They even have vegan ranch! It's kind of a weird ranch, I think they use silken tofu, it's really fluffy, but still good. I try to avoid salad, but the roasted veggie salad (minus feta, add crispy tofu if you want) is one of the best salads on the planet. I also highly recommend the vegan bahn mi (although the tofu is mushy, but the flavor is excellent). The sloppy jenny was good. The thai fusion tostada was just ok to me. In my vegetarian days, I looooved the mushroom reuben. My vegetarian husband's fave thing is the black bean burger, which is not your average black bean burger, it really is good, but just not the same without the non-vegan goodness they put on it.

They always have something delicious on tap (they are up to 32 rotating taps now I believe), and they are brewing a few of their own in the basement there (calling it Twenty Below brewing). The best thing they have brewed on site is the coffee stout. SO GOOD.

They rotate their menu seasonally, although keep some things around all the time. Their menu could have all changed by the time someone reads this review though, so just a warning! Their website is always up to date though with their food and beer menus.

Pros: seitan lettuce wraps, buffalo cauliflower wings, beer

Cons: they aren't the greatest at cooking tofu, More vegan sauces would be awesome, small, so can get crazy packed when busy

Twenty Tap for Dinner - Edit

I am vegan and heard they had some vegan options on the menu! We had the Buffalo Wings as an appetizer - made with cauliflower that were good. They also had Seitan Lettuce Wraps but we did not try those. There was only a couple items listed as vegan on the menu. We had the Vegan Bahn Mi and it was FABULOUS! Just that sandwich alone was enough to want to go back!

vegan options slowly disappearing - Edit

When this place first opened, you could get several vegan options from the menu. Now the only thing left is the banh mi. Super disappointing because we loved their kale salad. They told me that was only a summer item, but I'm sure I had it more recently than that. We asked about a vegan salad option, and they said we could get one of the on-menu salads without the non-vegan items. Well... The non-vegan items were egg, meat, croutons, cheese, and dressing, leaving a salad of nada. I want to love this place even still, but now they're making it hard for me and my husband to come here and get more than one thing between the two of us. Also, this place has a small dining room so you're always looking at a 30-45 minute wait. It can also get a little loud, as the furnishings are all wood and there's tons of echo. Twenty Tap has an amazing beer list full of the latest local and regional craft beer and plenty of delicious small batches. That's why I still can't rate this place poorly! I love the beer.

Pros: beer list, one single good vegan menu item

Cons: disappearing vegan options, noise level, wait time

Good, could be great with a little more effort - Edit

I had the vegan Bahn Mi and my mother had the BBQ Tempeh sandwich. The Bahn Mi had great flavor, but the tofu was unpressed, uncooked, and pretty soft. If they pressed it and fried it (or even baked it), it would be outstanding. The BBQ Tempeh was similar to a sloppy joe, and my mother enjoyed it, though it was a little messy. My dad loved the selection of local beers on tap and had fun trying them based on the server's recommendations.

Pros: clearly marked vegan options , lots and lots of beer on tap, vegan mayo

Cons: Tofu rookies

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Twenty Tap closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1242 times since May 2013.