First Review by condekedar

vegan options - Edit

This isn't my favorite place with vegan options. The brunch is probably the best followed by happy hour specials. The food is far from healthy. I've been here many times and the staff are really friendly or could absent. I really prefer seward cafe and hard times cafe which are both only a few blocks away. free parking in the back or along the street

Pros: lots of vegan options

Cons: atmosphere, lack of really tasty food

Nachos!!! - Edit

Wow the Vegan Nachos at this place were sooo good! Its a very punk dive that i was extremely impressed with. Good beer too.
Updated from previous review on Monday November 09, 2015

Pros: music, vegan nachos

Cons: a bit loud

Yummmm - Edit

This place is perfect if you're craving something really bad for you. I've had just about everything vegan they offer, and have never been disappointed. I now usually get the chef's revenge, so you never know what you're gonna get. I've been surprised by a vegan big mac, a vegan egg salad sandwich, and some ricey cabbagey thing on St. Patty's Day. This place gets PACKED on the weekends, so I advise going early if you don't wanna wait around for an hour. My only minor complaint is that they don't offer the lunch and dinner menu till after 2:00, so be prepared for breakfast if you go before then.

Pros: Awesome food

Who'd a thunk? - Edit

Great vegetarian food in a punk rock bar -- go figure. I had the Minnesota Po Boy which was nothing like a po boy but was fantastic. It should be prescribed for curing hangovers. Many options with vegetarian sausage, seitan, tempeh, etc. Must feel comfortable commiserating with young tattooed punk rockers.

This Is What I Miss From My Non-Vegan Days - Edit

You can walk in off the street and have your choice from a real menu. There's so much vegan stuff to choose from that I almost slept under the bar to be there when they opened for breakfast.

I tried a half order of vegan nachos (as big as many, whole orders, and outside of my own kitchen, the best I've had), vegan po boy (beyond massive...like...two or more meals in one), and vegan mac n cheese (to go).
The "nacho cheese" is pretty good - kinda sweet, which is a little weird - and Megan gave me a bathtub-ful of it, but more importantly, the supporting cast of vegetables was much fresher than I'd expected.

You see...this is a bar. Not a local health food store.

As some reviewers pointed out, this place has a punk rock feel. But ultimately it's a pub. And in my mid-30s I'm all for trying local bars when I travel. I wasn't disappointed.

I can see how some folks would not love the feel of the place or the folks working there, but I applied a simple strategy that typically works for me: don't be a giant douchebag. And guess what? I was rewarded with great service and a cool bartender. Just don't get your hopes up thinking you've walked into the Plaza Hotel. You haven't.

The food is cheap. I live in DC, so any time menu items are less than $10, it's kind of exciting. And there's plenty of excitement to go around. Cheap and plentiful.

This ain't health food. I wouldn't bring my mother. But it's pretty friggin awesome, vegan bar food. Definitely worth the cab fare to and from.

Would absolutely come back here on another visit to Minneapolis.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 28, 2013

Pros: Inexpensive, Man-sized Portions, Decent Beer

Cons: Kind of Salty

This place rules! - Edit

Ha, Ha!!! The bad reviews of this place are hilarious! Done by people who obviously eat at TGIChilisApplebeesBenegans all the time. Anyways, the Triple Rock rules! I've been coming since they pretty much opened. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. the food is awesome and hearty, even if you are vegetarian or vegan. They have a great jukebox with everything from N.W.A., Metallica, to Perry Como as well. If you like live music they have a showroom and an additional bar. Don't come here if you like hippie jams or listen to John Tesh. This place is for people who dig rock n' roll, heavy metal, and of course punk rock. Also a word of advice for the drinkers, prepare your liver. The bar tenders here make good drinks and don't skimp on the booze. This place is fun and has attitude. If you ideal night out is to go out to a nice mellow wine bar and discuss what happened on Gossip Girl last night then look the other way. If it's too loud, You're too old. Period.

Pros: Great music, Good food, Fun staff

Cons: sometimes gets invaded by college kids, nasty restrooms

Awesome Food - Edit

There are many vegan options at Triple Rock. Unfortunately for me I visited this place on New Year's Day and it was packed with a lot of hungover wankers. The food was delicious but the place is pretty grody (try avoiding the restroom at all costs). The best part for me was the jukebox. Everything from N.W.A. to Discharge was present and accounted for. I'm sure it's a cool venue but I've never attended a show here.

Pros: Good Food, Inexpensive

Cons: Cleanliness

Great Food, Good Choices - Edit

The vegan portion of the menu has a lot of choices to choose from and every item is superbly great! If you are in the Minneapolis area be sure to check this place out. The staff is very friendly and helpful as well!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Good Portions

Holy Mother Biker!!! #1 Minneapolis Vegan Option! - Edit

Holy Mother Biker it is, I suggest you get one!!! That's what I ate for brunch last Sunday, a Vegan Mother Biker that is. One word sums it all up: Scrumpdidlyumptious! This meal is a tofu/scramble hash with lots of potatoes, onions, Vegan cheese (an amazing one at that), tofu scramble (amazing), Vegan toast, etc. My counterpart got a breakfast burrito (I can't remember the super-awesome name of that one) that was amazingly tasteful as well! The service, atmosphere, decor was great - and I loved their menu, wording and all. This is the #1 place to get brunch in Minneapolis - so get your butt over there and let your taste buds be amazed!

10 Cow Rating if possible!!!

VERY GOOD! - Edit

my boyfriend and i went to this bar for the first time once we both turned twenty-one and were very happily surprised to see a wide variety of vegan all american food. for those that miss chicago dogs and mac n cheese, both are fantastic! try the bbq vegan po boy sandwich too with the vegan nacho cheese. it's my boyfriend's favorite thing on the menu. i'm very partial to the chicago dog though and they have a deal for 7$ where you can get a pint and a hot dog (with fries!)! very good. i love this bar. vegan white russians!! stff can be moody, but it's all a part of the atmosphere

Pros: delicious food, not too pricy, umm delicious food

Cons: can get crowded, sometimes crabby staff

Great atmosphere and comfort food - Edit

Triple Rock is a punk-rock bar with lots of beer, music, atmosphere and a large menu featuring numerous vegan comfort foods. On the weekends they have breakfast items like tofu scramblers and pancakes with vegan sausage; in the evenings they have various sandwiches, nachos, fries and other greasy-spoon vegan options. The service is super-friendly and fast. Prices are all under $10 for most items. Seating might get limited if you have a big group, especially at night. All in all this is a great place with an appreciated focus on accommodating vegans.

Pros: Vegan comfort foods, Beer and music, Service

Cons: Crowded at busy hours

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Triple Rock Social Club closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3234 times since Nov 2007.