CLOSED: Treibholz

+49176-63103607

Hermannstrasse 37, Berlin, Germany

Vegetarian cafe in Neukolln. Makes vegan cakes and muffins, as well as sandwiches made with ciabatta bread (mostly vegan). Soy and almond milk for coffee available. Has Wi-Fi. Confirmed closed Jan 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International

First Review by wildfang

Vegan croissants - Edit

I had my first vegan croissant here and it was pretty darn good. I drank tea and used the wifi, like everyone else in there. A pretty relaxed place to kill some time and eat pastries.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegan

New Vegan Coffee Shop > Vegan Croissants FTW - Edit

We stayed in the same area as this place and stumbled upon it by chance. It is a real gem - vegan (no cheese here) and specialty coffee from Berlin based Five Elephant. Best of all the have croissants with or without chocolate and a selection of cakes too. Very cool staff too. Plenty of seating indoors and out. They also have a selection of fresh juices i.e. they make them fresh in front of you and a nice variety of teas too.

I'm not from Germany so didn't realise it is customary to 'round up' your bill as there is no minimum wage there. Just something to be aware of.

10/10 - Uncompromising vegan business serving quality coffee and food.

Pros: Quality coffee, Croissants , Cool staff

Tasty Focaccia sandwich - Edit

I've only had one sandwich here so far but was very happy with what I got - A roasted and peppery beetroot sandwich (Focaccia), which was absolutely mouthwatering and special. The price was ok (4€, I believe). There were two other types of sandwich, soup and three types of all vegan cake, homemade.
Only the rather loud music was a bit disturbing. The owner was very friendly and helpful.
Great location just outside Boddinstr. underground station. I will be back for sure :-)

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Treibholz closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.