Treehuggers Cafe

Contact 440-973-4277

1330 W Bagley Rd Unit 1, Berea, Ohio, USA, 44017

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local, organic food with gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian choices. Everything made fresh. Organic espresso bar. Mon-Thu 10:30am-8:00pm, Fri 10:30am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Dr. Z.

Veg-friendly oasis near Cleveland Airport - Edit

What a pleasant surprise to discover Treehuggers' Cafe, a vegan-friendly and all-round environmentally conscious restaurant just 5 miles from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. The nondescript exterior storefront belies a charming woody decor inside, with wildlife murals. The place was hopping - just one table left -when I arrived in mid-afternoon between peak meal hours. I ordered a black bean burger with sweet potato fries - fresh, delicious, and huge. Service was efficient and friendly.

Pros: Yummy food with ample portions, Efficient, friendly service, Wildlife murals a nice touch

Good, but PRICEY !! - Edit

I have been to this place a few times and the food has always been at least "fair" and often "pretty good". However, I can easily drop a $50 dollar bill for lunch for just my girlfriend and myself.

Pros: Definitely one of the healthiest restaurants on th, Food is usually pretty good tasting.

Cons: It is honestly very expensive if you order anythin

Yummy, yummy food! - Edit

I recently visited with three meat eaters and a toddler an we were all pleased with our meals. Although the prices are a little high, the portions are HUGE so you will be taking food with you (I ordered spaghetti squash and it was half a good sized squash). We couldn't have been more pleased with the options, overall experience or taste. A must visit AND close to the airport!

Great Place - Edit

Nice little cafe, server was extremely friendly and good. I am gluten free vegan and went there with a health conscious meat eater and two others that eat anything. There were ample choices for all of us to choose from and we were also each very pleased with our meals. It is a little expensive ($12 for my black bean burger)but you do get a lot of good quality food freshly made per order so I feel it is worth it. Also the meat they do serve has been consciously raised as humanely as possible and I feel that is worth supporting.

Pros: Great menu with variety, Great service, Love the name!

I will return! - Edit

Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. I had the black bean chimichango. It was very tasty, and great with the smooth mango salsa. My friend enjoyed the protein wrap. The sweet potato fries were yummy! I bought a coupon through Amazon local. There were several other options on the menu that I want to try. I think the prices are reasonable for the quality of the food.

Pros: excellent food and presentation, friendly servers

Cons: no vestibule so cold draft near the door

Super food for the ultra hungry - Edit

Stopped here on a road trip. It was well off I-80, but well worth the detour. Food was exceptional. Those have got to be the biggest veggie burgers I have ever seen. And boy were they good. Meat lovers would be jealous. My daughter spent thirty minutes eating hers. Great selection and can't wait to get back there. The menu is pretty extensive. You'll wish you had more time to come back and try it all. By the way, try those cookies. They are out of this world.

Pros: Huge portions, Extensive menu, Quick service

Wonderful food! - Edit

Have been here several times, good food each time. I personally stay away from meat, however their meats are free range, so I wouldn't feel terrible eating say, chicken, from here. The only issue is that the food is pricey...the quality is great, however don't expect a cheap meal!

Pros: healthy food, vegan, veg, etc appropriate, great quality

Cons: pricey, small space

Not impressed at all - Edit

Service was great, food was just O. K. However, it was only my item that just didn't appeal to me. My family did enjoy their sandwiches.  Pricing was listed as "moderate", but it was actually "high". I've been to several vegan friendly places, and pricing is usually in line, but this place was just outrageous. I had something called "Shana's favorite-veggie sausage, rice cheese, caramelized onions, avocado". I asked if they could make it vegan, and received a oat burger, slice of rice cheese, no onions, and a sliver of avocado on 2 slices of Jewish rye bread, lightly toasted, w/home fries. The cost? $9.00  As for the desserts? 1 large chocolate, $2.95, and 1 lemon scone $3.95.  Not impressed at all.

Pros: Organic , Eco-friendly , Parking

Cons: Pricey, Limited toppings, cramped dining area

Righteous and tasty - Edit

Real good food - recycled materials used in building the place, awesome variety of healthy and often organic ingredients, raw options, and a good variety of delicious foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Vegan and raw cookies, baked and raw goodies, coffee, herbal teas and wonderful soups. Fully deserving of vegetarian / vegan / raw foodist patronage and support.

Pros: good food, lots of vegetarian options, inexpensive

Cons: some fish / chicken options

Return to Berea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Treehuggers Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2685 times since Feb 2010.