TIABI Coffee and Waffle Bar

Contact 702-222-1722

3961 Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89119

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast, lunch, smoothies, and dessert all day. Has vegan waffle sandwiches made with house-made sauces, vegan cheese to add to a sandwich. Also at 6320 Simmons St Ste 135.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by warmstorage

I love this place - Edit

They have the best vegan waffles and muffins. They also have smoothies. I recommend the kale champ.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, good customer service, amazing food an drinks

Cons: sometimes there can be a long wait, sometimes not enough seating

awesome waffles! - Edit

Tiabi is cozy, very friendly and patient staff, and amazing waffles. We had vegan wafflewich, cheese and avocado and something else, kale salad waffle and the pac man waffle with ice cream, plus a smoothie and coffee. Everything was absolutely delicious and its a nice place to hang out. But what's up with the decks of cards? :)

Pros: clearly labelled vegan options, friendly and patient staff, they know their waffles

Cons: serves meat

Tiabi: An awesome local spot - Edit

I visited Tiabi in the hour I had to kill before I needed to head to the airport after a work trip. Most of the menu is vegan or can be made vegan. They have breakfast-like waffles, salad waffles, sandwich waffles, and dessert waffles. They also have a smoothie selection & full coffee menu. They can even make affogatos (espresso poured over ice cream) with vegan ice cream!!! Just for that, I would give this place 6 stars :)

I ordered a kale salad waffle, which had a ton of kale mixed with avocado, tomato, pecans all on top of two kale waffles. Gotta get my greens in! I also ordered a dessert waffle for the airplane ... Why not?

I call this place a neighborhood spot because it was pretty packed with people who didn't look like tourists. It's near UNLV so there were students working, but also people playing dominoes, groups of friends chatting over their meals, etc. Will definitely be back when in Vegas.

Pros: Off the strip, Delicious coffee, Good variety of savory dishes

Deserves 5 stars! - Edit

I really wish I could rate this 5 stars but can't because they aren't fully veg. They have the most amazing vegan waffle sandwiches and dessert. They give you the option of adding Daiya to the sandwiches as well. I would eat here everyday if I could afford it. Also, give the "Just Peachy" tea a try, sooo good!

vegan waffles! - Edit

We stopped in for lunch the day after Christmas to try their waffles. As it was very cold outside, we each had hot lattes with almond milk to start. We shared the wafflewich and churro waffle. One savory, one sweet. Both were excellent. The counter staff was very friendly too. After asking if this was our first time there, she asked how we heard about them (Happy Cow of course) and then proceeded to point out all the vegan options on the menu. Free WiFi too makes it a great place to hang out. Just wish it was all vegan and it would be perfect.

Pros: vegan waffles and coffee, nice place to hang out, friendly staff

Cons: not all vegan

Delicious Vegan Gluten-free waffles - Edit

It was suggested that we call in advance for the gluten-free vegan waffle mix...great advice! They were almost out so made some more to have by the time we arrived. When we arrived, I wasn't sure what to order so the cashier was very helpful. My husband decided to get the Guru burger and despite some of the other so-so reviews, he loved it! I ordered the gf vegan waffle with cinnamon sugar. It was delicious! The food was tasty and filling. The staff was friendly, informative, and very nice. Definitely a place to go for a vegan breakfast if you are staying near the Strip!

Pros: Vegan breakfast, gluten-free options, friendly staff

Cons: a little pricey, real maple syrup is extra money :(, wish they were on the west side of town

great food & great service! - Edit

The food here is amazing! We had the guru burger & the vegan wafflewich along with the banana peanut butter smoothie. Everything was very very good. To top it all off, the staff is super friendly. We will definitely be back.

Pros: food, service, variety

Decent little cafe, Awesome staff - Edit

I went to Tiabi when they first opened and I had sometime of green smoothie which I remember liking very much. My fiance ordered some type of vegan waffle with veggie burger (I don't think it's on the menu any more) and he was unimpressed. I was in that section of town today and stopped by Tiabi and had the banana peanut butter smoothie which I thought was really good and after reviewing the menu I think I need to give Tiabi another try for breakfast sometime soon and try their vegan waffle myself. The viva Las Vegas sounds awesome!

Best part about this place both times is the super friendly people working there. Overall, I don't think I would trek from Henderson there just for breakfast but if it was closer I think it would become a place I would visit frequently. Hopefully, I'll get to try the waffles soon and update my review

Pros: People, Smoothies

Not expected - Edit

I was a little scared of trying anything here based on previous reviews- however I took a gamble since this is Vegas right?! I ordered the Veggie Wafflewich and the Guru Burger. The Guru Burger comes with a boca patty which tastes as such in a waffle with daiya cheese, it was good. The best part of my visit was the Vegan Wafflewich, the sauce it came with made the entire sandwich was delicious. I bought the coconut bacon bits and it complimented the Vegan Wafflewich very well. The chips were an additional costs but it is made in house. I got the regular coffee and it was okay(however I have my own bold coffee preference at home) They had soy and almond milk to use as creamers. The staff was very friendly.

Pros: Waffle sandwiches, Tabouli sauce, Staff

Cons: price

just...ok - Edit

Went here expecting a lot more than they offer. Our sandwiches were just, ok. For the price they charge we should get the chips with our meal not be charged extra for them. I think my sandwich was better than my boyfriends guru burger. He wasn't happy with his. We prolly won't be back.

Great For Veg/omni Couples, Families - Edit

Stopped by here with my boyfriend who eats meat for breakfast after a night out in Vegas. We ordered a peanut butter smoothie and a strawberry smoothie. He got an egg or something meat sandwich which he did day was quite delicious. I had a Vegan waffle with strawberries and pecans and it was fantastic. We were both very happy! This was everything you want in a local vegan food joint!

Pros: Clean, Friendly Service, Fast

Delightful addition to Vegas vegan scene! - Edit

I've been coming to Vegas for years for work, and the vegan options are SO MUCH BETTER than they were even two or three years ago.

Tiabi is one of those wonderful new places. Open four months, extremely friendly, great vegan breakfast options (rare in this town.) Notably, if Happycow allowed five stars for not-entirely-vegetarian/vegan restaurants, I'd give five stars.

Staff were super friendly, helpful, and knew what all the vegan options are. Most of the waffle toppings are vegan (only the chocolate drizzle, and obvious things like meats, aren't.)

My vegan waffle with lemon drizzle and big fat fresh blackberries was delicious, and at $6.50 (including syrup and Earth Balance) a great buy by Vegas standards. I don't even much like sweet foods, but still really enjoyed my waffle.

It's delightfully off the beaten path (The Strip, which cements Las Vegas' position as the Absolute Worst Pedestrian City in America). On Maryland Parkway just north of Flamingo, it's well served by public transit (bus routes 202 and 109) and an easy walk from the UNLV campus, just a little South down Maryland. Easy free lot parking.

Come give this new business a look. I'll absolutely be back!

Updated from previous review on Thursday April 03, 2014

Pros: extremely friendly, great vegan options, very vegan knowledgeable and accommodating

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has TIABI Coffee and Waffle Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2089 times since Mar 2014.