The Witches Brew

516-489-9482

311 Hempstead Turnpike (at /on Long Island), West Hempstead, New York, USA, 11552

Operating since 1996, a coffee shop and cafe with a personality of its own of mismatched furniture, a game cupboard, and even the lighting (featuring old strung up Christmas lights) add to the laid back atmosphere. Also has a petite boutique selling trinkets and coffee beans. The menu features a variety of drinks, pastries, nachos, sandwiches, and full dinner menu. Has Wi-Fi and ATM onsite.. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-1:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out

First Review by AnnaKatsigiorgis

Best vegan food on Long Island - Edit

If you live on Long Island and you haven't been to Witches Brew, you must be living under a rock. This place is seriously amazing. Everyone that I know who has been here loves it; carnivores, vegetarians, and vegans alike. The vibe is awesome.

When I first started coming here years ago they were more of a coffee shop with just their extensive drink menu and desserts. I'm not a coffee or tea person, but I would go there just for the vegan desserts. A few years back they started serving real food and I couldn't have been happier. Their food is absolutely amazing. Everything is vegetarian and almost everything can be made vegan.

I live a half hour away, and there can sometimes be an hour wait, but I still go because it's just that good. You used to have to wait online outside, which sometimes the line would wrap all the way around the block, and people would actually stand in the snow waiting to eat here. They recently changed the system which made this place even better than it already was. There are still long waits at times, but you give them your phone number on their ipad and they text you when your table is ready so you can wait in your car instead of standing outside in line.

Pros: Nice vibe, Excellent food, So many vegan options

Cons: Long waits, You'll want to order everything on the menu!

AMAZING! - Edit

I can't say enough good things about Witches Brew, I've never been to such a cool place before. They have a ton of vegan options including a whole vegan dessert case! All of the food and dessert items I got were absolutely delicious. This is one of the few places I would go out of my way to come back again, totally worth the 45 min drive from my house!

Be prepared Cash Only! - Edit

See my other review for feedback this is just an update that I was surprised to find it was cash only on leaving.

Cons: Cash only.

LOVE IT - Edit

Coffee house style seating; dark with lots of cool lights; friendly staff; great variety of foods; all fresh and good!!
Our family had: bbq tempeh sandwich with garden salad and fries; pulled pork sandwich; falafel sandwich;
and Caesar salad wrap. All the food was delicious and the fries rocked ;)

Pros: atmosphere is so cool, awesome food

Cons: can't seat parties bigger than 6, cash only

Adorable place - tasty, tasty food - Edit

I go to this place every couple of months for vegan bites and desserts. I've had their vegan meatball hero (delicious), their vegan chocolate mousse cake(awesome), and vegan brownie sundae(also great). The staff is very welcoming and helpful and the place is so cute. I will definitely go here again, and so should you!

Return to West Hempstead Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Witches Brew closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.