• The Seasoning House

Asian
Gluten-free
Honey
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai Food with a modern twist. Offers plenty of vegan dishes marked on the menu. Includes pad Thai, fried rice with vegetables, fried mixed vegetables and plenty of stir fried dishes. Open Tue-Wed 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:30pm. Closed Mon and Thurs.

Venue map for The Seasoning House
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Nim

chatreuse

Points +2240

12 Feb 2024

Delicious noodles and hotcakes

- Mee goreng: delicious, perfect spice level, would have liked more variety of veggies (there was mainly a heap of carrots)
- Spring rolls: very enjoyable, with delicate plum sauce
- Spicy Pad Thai: way too spicy for me, lots of fresh chilli, again, would have liked more veggies than just mainly carrots
- Coconut hotcakes with berry compote: delicious hotcakes with palm sugar, not too sweet. I'm not a berry compote fan, so would have preferred the plain hotcakes.

Pros: Mee goreng, Coconut hotcakes with palm sugar, Affordable prices

Cons: lack of vegetable variety

Tiggy

Points +15166

12 Feb 2021

Good food and great service

I wasn’t sure what yo expect when we came here for lunch but we were warmly welcomed to a table and advised on vegan options in the menu, of which there are about 10 or so. We ordered the ginger soy wild mushroom ($15.60) and the pad puk ruammit ($15.60). Both were good, but the mushroom dish was particularly delicious and a new Thai dish for me as far as I can remember. The staff was attentive and helpful and I ended up coming back twice more this week and having the pad khee mao ($14.90), which was nice and spicy; and the pad Thai puk ($14.90), also good and the tamarind sauce was not too sweet. Oh and dishes were a decent size and fairly cheap.

Pros: Great service, Reasonable prices

roxflame

Points +32

15 Jan 2021

Great, well labelled vegan options

Would have given 5 stars if the app let me. This is the first Thai food I’ve found in Melbourne that caters to my partner (Omni gluten free) and also has vegan options for me that don’t end up with fish sauce or other mistakes. Really tasty and quite pleased :)

Pros: Well labeled vegan options, No sneaky fish sauce

Nim

Points +513

31 Jul 2020

Perfect quick cheap meal

Great prices and heaps of vegan options. The service was so lovely also! Didn’t love the taste of everything was a little off for me.