The Olive Tree

+44-1453834802

28 George St (at A46), Nailsworth, England, GL6 0AG

Serves meat, vegan options available. A few marked vegan items and has soy milk for coffee. Vegan brownie sundae is offered as a special sometimes.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, European, Non-veg

First Review by lizipfe

5 Stars - Edit

Lots of vegan options, pizza with vegan cheese, plus many other options including vegan pasta, brownie etc. 5 stars but happy cow doesn't allow as they also sell meat.

Allergy supporters - Edit

Having recently needed to change my diet due to illness I thought that the days of being able to eat out had all but passed me then I found the Olive Tree in Nailsworth. I was aware that they already offered a rather impressive looking vegan menu and so I phoned ahead to see if they would be able to accommodate my other dietary requirements, the lady on the phone not only assured me that I could be catered for but also got the food allergy sheet out and talked through options with me also putting a note next to my booking so that other staff would also be aware. The Olive Tree is a small but intimate restaurant with outside seating available. There are several vegetarian options on the main menu and on the separate vegan menu 4 or 5 starters, mains and even a selection of deserts. The waitress was very attentive, checking with the kitchen what they could make for me and finally I decided on a pasta dish, my friend the vegetable risotto. To start we shared some sweet potato wedges which were delicious the only criticism being is that the portion size was tiny for the price, however the waitress went above and beyond changing the dip that accompanies them so that I could have it. My pasta was tasty but not too exciting, and lacked spice. My friends risotto was very sharp and lemony and unlike risottos he usually cooks (he is something of a risotto king!), but he was impressed and the dish was very filling. It wasn't the greatest meal that we have ever had but it is nice to know that there is a restaurant that can cater for so many allergies/ dietary types.

Pros: Options for people with allergies, Great staff, Vegan menu

Cons: Small portion size, Price of some dishes, Serves meat/fish

Return to Nailsworth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Olive Tree closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.