The Love Kitchen at Absolute Sanctuary

• Veg-friendly

88 Moo 5 Bophut, Tambon Choeng Mon Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand, 84320

Serves meat, vegan options available. NOTE: Previously listed as vegan, but as Aug 2010, reported to HappyCow to also serve meat and dairy. Part of Absolute Yoga. All natural kitchen offering extensive vegetarian menu, fresh baked breads, cookies, sandwiches, raw options, raw ice cream, salads, healthy elixirs, juices, and more. Internet access available. Yoga studio and western bodywork available.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by SallyP

bland food, overpriced - Edit

I wanted to treat me and my girlfriend with some nice restaurant but ended up with really overpriced food with little taste :( Can't recommend, maybe they are a good resort but foodwise it was hot air...

Cons: very expensive, bland food

not veg*n, but some good veg options - Edit

Had a bite and a juice here while passing through and was pleasantly surprised to find some fresh and interesting vegan options on the menu. With a look if you happen to be nearby.

Nice place, good food - Edit

Considering the options on Samui, it's worth making a trip out to this place, especially if you're staying in Chaweng. There's an extensive menu, and although it's true that the menu has meat on it, all of the veg items (majority of menu) denotes what is veg.
I tried the nori rolls, which came with two dipping sauces. It was nicely presented, and veggies were fresh.
I also, had their signature juice which is coconut water with some pineapple juices and herbs, very refreshing. The raw desert options were great, and although they also had a vegan chocolate cake available, I opted for the raw tart. I was surprised to see two tarts arrive, which is one order. One really would have been enough and considering the price, about 140baht, was well worth it... delicious and not overly sweet.

Pros: great selection, nice presentation, fresh food

Cons: location is a little far

Not 100% vego - Edit

Not 100% Vegetarian as they sell fish & chicken.

Over priced and bland food. Would never eat there again, cost 2000 baht for a meal for 3 people. Very expensive. Not value for money. Is about $71 Aus dollars, while that might not seem much, it is in Thailand, most of the meals I bought cost me around 100 baht ($3.51 aus dollars).

The chocolate cake is vegan. Horrbile cake! My cake was burnt. Disgusting. The tofu burger- was a piece of bread cut in 3 pieces with tofu on top. tiny meal.

People don't waste your time going there, you will be disappointed :(

Pros: has some vegan meals

Cons: Expensive, serves fish & chicken, Small meals

This place has to be visited! - Edit

We were extremely lucky to be staying only walking distance from this wonderful restaurant. We ate here so many times that we almost went through the entire menu. There is so much on offer and all of it truely delicious. My only problem being that the portions are just too big! As hard as I tried, I couldn't finish my chocolate cake! And it's all vegan. This is the sort of place that makes you want to emigrate just to be more local. And the staff are really friendly, too. There's internet access and an international phone available too. And if you really wanted to, you could do some yoga.

Pros: great big portions, all vegan, easy to find

Cons: great big portions

Return to Koh Samui Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Love Kitchen at Absolute Sanctuary closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2138 times since Aug 2007.