CLOSED: The Living Root Cellar

909-798-4100

5225 Canyon Crest Dr Ste 7B, Riverside, California, USA, 92507

Its 2nd location opened Jan 2015; the other one is in Redlands. Juice and smoothie bar also serves cooked vegan as well raw food. CONFIRMED CLOSED, NOV 2016.

Categories: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by lrpattonraffy

Not bad! - Edit

I finally made my way over and gave this place a try. Loved the BLAT sandwich! It was tasty, the vegan mayo is on the side so I was able to add it to the sandwich to my liking, and the broccoli slaw was great.
My only complaint was the cashier. Unhelpful, unfriendly, though not rude, and I had to ask her everything. I asked what other dishes they offered- she just said it changed from time to time. I asked her what was in the sandwich - she said veggie bacon, avocado, lettuce and tomato (which was what was on the sign). It was a strange experience, and I had just about decided not to come back. Another woman then came in and offered lots of information, and was helpful, which saved the visit. And the taste of the food didn't hurt either. Without the unfriendly initial person, this would easily be a 5 star rating.

Pros: great food!, pretty location, nice interior

Cons: unfriendly service

10/10 - Edit

Really liked it here will definitely be coming back Dayvon was nice and I loved how cozy it was. I usually feel out of place but felt really comfortable here, totally reccomend! :)

Yummmm - Edit

First time trying out this place. Went in and asked the one dude that was working there if they had any savory vegan dishes. And the nice dude recommended the pre-made Tempeh BLAT Sandwich which was under the display case. It came with a tiny cup of broccoli salad/slaw. (Total: $9, no drink).

I was really impressed by the sandwich. It didn't have that gross fake meat taste. It was my first time trying Tempeh bacon so I didn't know what to expect. It had avocado and other fresh veggies in it too. I was even more impressed by the broccoli slaw. Never been a broccoli fan but the dressing masked the broccoli taste pretty well.

I would definitely recommend this place to any vegans, especially beginners. Their menu is not the biggest but they have decent food. Looking forward to visiting this place again.

Pros: peaceful, quaint

Cons: expensive, not too many options

Where's the sandwiches? - Edit

I used to visit Root Cellar weekly for one of their vegan sandwiches (they offered three different ones). My favorite was the BLAT. But they no longer offer the sandwiches so if I stop in I pick up the taco lettuce wrap- pretty good. Really miss the BLAT.

Pros: Fresh, Great location , It's one more place for vegans

Cons: Food menu too limited

Return to Riverside Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Living Root Cellar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.