The Flying Duck

Contact 01415641450

142 Renfield St, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 3AU

Must be 18+ years old to enter. Late night lo-fi bar, diner & event space with regular gigs, events, board games and generally all round good vibes. Mon-Thu 12:00pm-1:00am, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-3:00am, Sun 4:00pm-1:00am

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, British

First Review by janetp

best junk food - Edit

Wonderful selection of vegan junk food and definitely something for everybody. Visited several times with my partner who is neither vegan nor vegetarian and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Only downside for me is that on occasion what I have wanted to order has been out of stock i.e. Chips, mash, chile only to name a few, however we where always compensated with nachos

Pub club grub - Edit

Tasty food, good if you miss junk food like hot dogs, burgers and cheese.

All is 100% non animal ingredients, including drinks.

Informal underground (literally) atmosphere, good choice of drinks, nice staff, central location.

It's a bit too dark for my liking and some dishes are served on a silly plastic baskets with a paper lining, I always end up making a mess and eating half of the paper, but that doesn't put me off coming back.

Pros: Good junk food , 100% vegan , Central location

Cons: Too dark for my liking , Plastic baskets instead of plates

Amazing! - Edit

My boyfriend and I come here quote regularly for our vegan junk food fix as it's just SO good. The burgers and dawgs are so delicious and the staff are very sweet. I haven't brought my dog in yet, but love any place that welcomes pets too.

Pros: Food is ridiculously good, Good discount deals, They are pet friendly and also have lots of board

Cons: The service can sometimes be a bit slow, If there's a gig on, it can get a bit loud

Yummy Pub Grub! - Edit

Easily found this pub has yummy vegan pub food!! The staff are friendly, the food is good, the atmosphere is pleasant and the prices are good! I will definitely return!!

Pros: Yummy Food and Varied Menu, Pleasant Staff and Fun Atmosphere, Well Pricec

Yummy, all vegan and delicious - Edit

A relaxed bar/club venue with board games and music.
Plenty to choose from on the all vegan menu.

Pros: Great yummy Food!, Relaxed vibe

Cons: Toilets a bit grubby but I think it's the style lo

amazing!!! - Edit

Delicious, hearty junk food in a great atmosphere. Lots of stuff you can't normally get as a vegan (burgers, hot dogs, Mac n cheese, chicken sub). Don't go here if you're looking for something healthy though (I think I saw some kale and a salad on the sides menu??)

Pros: yummy, big portions, friendly service

The Best Find - Edit

Amazing atmosphere, very warm and nice. Staff were lovely. Food was AMAZING and the price is so low, even for a student like myself.

Pros: All things on the menu are vegan, tasty and cheap.

Cons: I live in Dundee so wont be able to visit as much

One of my favourite vegan haunts - Edit

SO GOOD! I got the Zero-to-Hero burger and it was delicious. I tried my friend's macaroni and cheese which was also lovely (and you can get side orders of that which is great). The chocolate milkshakes are lovely, I only wish I'd had room for dessert at the end.

20% student discount as well! Will definitely be going back :)

Pros: Lovely staff, Delicious food, 20% student discount

It would be easy to improve the food. - Edit

The macaroni "cheese" is amazing. I would only get it from now on, it was just brilliant. But the other options could easily be improved. They need to up their seasoning a lot. The kale and the burgers were nice but tasted a bit bland.
I can make a wayyyyyy better gravy, although I could hardly taste the gravy because they aren't very generous with the gravy or the "bacon rashers." The "pig out" option would be amazing if they would pour on more gravy, less potato, more onions, more rashers and also added a bit of cheese. The jackfruit was really nice. The overall portions were a generous size though which was good.

Pros: Macaroni, Dog friendly, Nice staff

Cons: Some food was bland, Bad music lol, no cheese on pig out

good vibration - Edit

Hard to find but luckely we saw the sign (see photo). Nice place inside a building with friendly staff. We did not like the food much, we had the macaroni cheese and a flying duck burger. Good music. It is great to have a vegan place to go out!

Pros: only vegan , friendly staff, good music

Cons: food was not tastfull

Not much of a restaurant, more of a bar - Edit

They do not have much options. It is more of a bar. I think they had soup and a sandwich with chips. Was not impressed but just wanted to support them so had the sandwich.

We however enjoyed the music that was played live by some customers.

This place was difficult to find, it is in an alley and down some stairs.

Pros: Music

Cons: Barely any option, In an alley

look for the back door. - Edit

on my first visit i left unhappy as it was closed when it shouldn't have been. oh but i went to the front door, fool?

you have to look for the back door to get in. visited last week and was one of only two people in at lunchtime. still a mellow vibe was enjoyed with good music and a great lunch. the menu is limited and really pub snack food. the vegan nachos were good but the wedges were a bit oily.

there is a good selection of drinks and if you go knowing its pub food you wont be disappointed.

a visit in the evening gave a whole new feel to the flying duck for me, mainly because it was busy. had a good vibe the food is vegan pub food, but the burger felt home made and was pretty tasty. there was some live music on, and an evening visit is really worth it.

Pros: staff, music

Cons: limited

Don't be put off by the entrance! - Edit

We were in Glasgow for the commonwealth games and had searched in advance for Vegan options.
We found ourselves on Renfield Street and so opted for the Flying Duck. This is a great fast food venue which will definitely be a popular evening haunt with it's fantastic music and atmosphere too.
The burgers and dogs were good and filling but no cake!!

Pros: Good food and friendly service., Inexpensive prices., Great music

Cons: No cake!!

Relaxed dive bar with vegan food! - Edit

This was a relaxed dive bar in the basement of a building in the heart of Glasgow. The vegan nachos were very tasty and the atmosphere was mellow. Follow the flying duck signs to enter through the back entrance.

Pros: Vegan nachos, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: A little hard to find - go in back

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Flying Duck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9959 times since Oct 2012.