Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar

• Veg-friendly
Contact 407-893-4994

444 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32803

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee house also offering baked goods, breakfast, and lunch food including vegan choices like the veggie sandwich and vegan tofu scramble. Has plant milk for drinks. Features art displays, evening events. Free Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jenneyrebecca

Amazing! - Edit

I'd give this place 5 cows if I could. A plethora of vegan options. Incredible vegan sandwiches, soups, bakery items, espresso drinks (hemp milk option and other non-dairy milks), 3 kinds of non-dairy creamers. This is vegan heaven! Stand up comedy night was so much fun! Free parking in lot on side.

Great place - Edit

Simply one of my favorite places in Orlando. Tasty vegan sandwiches, wonderful vegan soups, locally brewed kombucha on tap, and fun vegan desserts. Excellent supporters of the local veg community.

Pros: good prices, nice people, comfy

Cons: couches are getting a bit beat

Great vegan options but soups are too salty - Edit

Love the vegan paella, breakfast burritos, ANZAC Cookies and coffee. But soups are very salty. My last three soup orders were too salty. I hope they modify the recipe because they would be delicious for vegans and gluten free diners.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 19, 2013

Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 18, 2014

Pros: variety of vegan foods

Cons: salty soups

Not sure how I feel about this place - Edit

This is a coffee shop with a ton of food options. It was pretty dark and just seemed dirty to me. The food was all in an old deli case but was labeled clearly, although the signs were faded. They have vegan, vegetarian and meat options. I guess I'm suspicious of small establishments that do so much-they also had gluten free. It just seems it would be difficult to keep everything straight and keep the vegan items fully vegan. For example-regular, vegan and GF brownies that all looked exactly the same.
It was also the first time I've ever been seriously stared at while nursing my daughter. One cashier stared for a long time, got another cashier and she stared too. I was in the corner across the room staring back and they didn't seem to care, just kept watching me!
I ended up getting a bottled soda because I wasn't so sure of the food.

Pros: Lots of options, Clearly labeled

Cons: Dirty, Dark

Great food! - Edit

Great food! We were so lucky to find this place on our way through town. The food was really delicious, they had vegetarian and vegan wraps and dinner specials, as well as quiches and other nonveg dishes, and a whole lot of pastries. It looked like there were a lot of gluten-free items, too. The staff were all really nice and the atmosphere was more coffee-shop than restaurant. We liked it so much we went back for dinner, and all of the five or six different dishes we tried were delicious.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good location

Cons: not much seating, little parking, not enough side dishes

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3849 times since Oct 2008.