Vegan-friendly
Italian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant with a separate vegan menu for starters, mains, pizzas, and desserts. Example vegan dishes are eggplant bruschetta, spiced hummus crostini, roast butternut squash tortellini, pizza margherita, and chocolate Brownie. Open Mon-Fri 08:00-11:00, Mon-Sat 12:00-22:00, Sat 09:00-12:00, Sun 09:00-22:00.

Venue map for The Chubby Cherub
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Jackmoo93

misslucykate1

Points +415

28 May 2023

Authentic Italian food

I had butternut squash and courgette spaghetti with pine nuts. Was nice and had a brownie after too. Good selection of vegan food. Authentic Italian

EmilianoFiani

Points +1019

19 Apr 2023

Italian Taste

What a great quality of ingredients! I had a Risotto primavera and the eggplant bruschetta.

I really like the food, the taste was very good, I could feel the taste of Italy, I’m pretty sure the olive oil are original from Italy… the risotto was delicious with a taste of mushroom and pesto. The bruschetta was perfect, right ingredients and delicates taste. You should absolutely go there if you want to have a good lunch.

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-19

Pros: menu vegano

Cons: expensive

HeatherPhelps

Points +331

07 Mar 2023

Separate vegan menu

Didn't find Belfast the best for vegan options on the whole, so the vegan menu at the Chubby Cherub was a great find. Decent food and gorgeous decor. A lot of things on the menu were unavailable when we visited and the service could have been a little more welcoming, but a nice experience overall.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Beautiful decor

bzwaan

Points +3540

04 Oct 2022

Great

It’s great that they have a separate menu. The eggplant bruschetta was delicious. The pizza’s were also great.

Niamho

Points +56

28 Sep 2022

Five stars for the pizza

The Venetian pizza might just be the tastiest vegan pizza I’ve ever had! There were plenty of vegan options, for all courses. Highly recommend 😍

Pros: Lots of tasty vegan options, Friendly staff , Good selection of cocktails

SamRiley

Points +22

19 Jul 2022

Great food, atmosphere was amazing

The Vegan options we had were very tasty and there was a menu devoted to vegan food. Also a couple of vegan options on the main menu.

Pros: Great vegan menu, Cool atmosphere, Lovely service

Cons: Slightly expensive, not that bad though

SuzyGale

Points +190

09 Jul 2022

Fabulous

Had an early dinner here with a vegetarian friend. Chose because they had a full vegan menu. Thoroughly enjoyed 3 vegan courses. The hummus to start which was lovely, then had the courgette and butternut squash spaghetti which wasn't what I expected at all, more like a Asian soup, but very tasty. Then the brownie which was also very nice. Service was brilliant and we got to sit in a lovely booth. Highly recommend.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Lovely atmosphere , Great service

phillygirl79

Points +250

07 Jul 2022

Entire vegan menu!

I ate here tonight, and I really liked it! The staff was great, and the vegan menu had several options for each course, including dessert! The food was very, very good!

Pros: Outside seating available, Dedicated vegan menu

lauraakingg

Points +577

17 Jun 2022

Such a treat

Love going here, gorgeous interior and great vegan options, my past few visits I haven't been able to get a pasta option which is a shame but the risotto/pizza options are delicious

NatashaQuasar

Points +584

26 Apr 2022

Best Pizza and Cocktails

Best pizza I have ever eaten. I had the Neopolitan. I also had the Sorbettto cocktail. 😋 Highly recommend!

Updated from previous review on 2022-04-26

Pros: Delicious pizza, Delicious cocktails , Friendly and helpful staff

jennaparkxx

Points +184

Vegetarian
16 Aug 2021

delicious!

the pizza tastes amazing, but its a little overpriced! i absolutely love the atmosphere though.

RoisinFarrell

Points +20

29 May 2021

Overall great food

I have visited this restaurant before I was vegan and loved it, so I was delighted to see they have a dedicated vegan menu with lots of options, available for lunch and dinner. I was very excited by the polenta fries and mushroom ravioli, so I was quite disappointed when I was told both were not available that day.. To start I had chili hummus on toast which was very tasty & for my main I tried the Vegan Venetian pizza which was just incredible!! I was a bit weary of getting the pizza as cheese can so often be a let down, but it was possibly the nicest vegan pizza I have tried! So tasty. The staff were fabulous & the portions were massive, so overall I left happy.

Pros: Lovely staff, Gorgeous venue, Delicious food

Cons: Not everything on the vegan menu was available, Food took a little longer than I would have liked

MartaGarcía

Points +364

20 Jul 2020

Disappointing

We’re always delighted to see a restaurant that has a dedicated vegan menu, even if small, so we were excited to come here. Out of the few options, they didn’t have the polenta or the ravioli so we chose the aubergine bruschetta and the vegetable risotto. They were both quite tasteless.

Pros: Beautifully decorated, Nice service

Jackmoo93

Points +42

11 Mar 2020

Charming, Delicious, Lots of choice

Me and my partner stopped here after spotting their menu as we passed by the restaurant right in the Heart of the city. Right in the middle of their main menu was their own dedicated vegan menu! With at least 3 options in each course including: Small plates, starters, mains, pizzas and desserts meant there was plenty to choose from, that and the bright beautiful shop front guided us in to meet the super friendly staff who were more than happy to receive us.
We opted to share a small plate of hummus on ciabatta and a starter of eggplant bruschetta. Both we incredibly delicious and well sized, we both struggled to pick our favourite, with the hummus possibly edging it slightly. While we were both tempted to try a pizza (although we are usually wary of getting a vegan cheese we sont like), neither of us could look past the butternut squash tortellini as a main course and we were not disappointed. I would easily say it was my favorite meal I've had in the past year, not to hype it up too much! We were both too full to try any desserts, so we finished our bottle of wine and chatted and didn't feel over-pressured to free up the table as we done so, which is exactly what you want after a big meal.
The bill was around £65, which considering the quality of the meal we had and the bottle of wine, it was very reasonably priced! Would recommend :)

Pros: Separate Vegan menu, Good level of variety of choice, Really high quality food

Cons: Could offer a cheese-less pizza