Te Quiero Verde

Vegetarian restaurant offering mostly vegan food: salads, soups, burgers. Makes vegan brownies. Serves juice and fruits in morning, and al a carte in afternoon and evening. Open Mon 12:00pm-8:00pm, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western

First Review by JustaPack

Great food and many vegan options! - Edit

The menu is available only in Spanish but is easy to understand and vegan options are clearly marked. Even though some dishes are not vegan, they can be made vegan which is also clearly stated on the menu! Which basically makes 95% of the menu vegan (yes!!). I had enmoladas and my friend had cordone bleu. They were both great and quite filling. We also had vegan cookies for $15 (6) which were nice but very hard...wouldn't recommend them (unless you need something for self defence) but everything else was fantastic :)

Good vegan lunch/dinner - Edit

They had a decent sized menu with all vegetarian and many vegan options. About half of the dishes on the menu were vegan. Most of the food was not local or at best a fusion. They offered 3 veggie burgers (all vegan) and some pastas as well as tacos, etc. I tried two of the veggie burgers on different visits and they were both very good. You also got either a small salad of leafy greens or french fries with the burgers. My dad ordered the vegan tacos and they were very bland - I would not recommend those. The serving portions were decent but not filling.

The kitchen was entirely visible from the seating which gave it a very homey feel. I don't think they opened for lunch until 1pm.

Pros: pleasant environment, friendly staff, wait staff knew a little english

Cons: portions could have been slightly larger

Delicious menu, cute venue. - Edit

I ate the soya burger and it was amazing with sprouts, beetroot and carrots with a healthy portion of fries. It was delicious and I couldn't resist their vegan cookies for dessert. I have had to fight myself not to just eat there every day that I'm in San Cristobal! Looking forward to trying the enmoladas and vegan brownies next time!

Pros: Great food, Cute venue, Good location and value

Delicious , tasty burgers and more - Edit

This was a happy accident. We were strolling along, looking for the post office when we spotted the 'veggy' sign on the front of this little cafe. The menu looked great, so we forgot our postcards and sat down to a very tasty lunch of sopa del dia, on this day it was mushroommmmm, followed by some vegan tamales and an Elemental (soy) burger, one of 3 burger choices. Truly scrumptious and the texture of the burger was so satisfying, unlike the squishy tasteless potato stuff which is often served as a vegeburger. The chips are the best we've tasted in Mexico and the salads are fresh and huge. Drinks are aguas and smoothies, a choice of beer or wine.

They serve a menu del dia on Thursdays at 80 pesos.

We returned a couple of days later and our choices were equally good and tasty. It's a shame that they close at 9pm, but it's a great place for lunch or early dinner. The staff are friendly and there's a good intimate ambience as there are only a few tables. The food is cooked in an open kitchen at the back of the cafe. Both times we ate at Te Quiero Verde there were both Mexicans and foreign tourist customers.

Highly recommended. Gracias.

Que rico!

Pros: Tasty vegan and vegetarian food, Ambience, Staff

Cons: Some people may want to eat later.

san cris - Edit

For vegans, they serve 3 different burgers, pastas, tacos y an indian plate... About the half of the menu. I Appreciate the soya burger (with avocado), acompanied with a guacamole with tortilla. The staff is helpful. The restaurant is easy to find and near everything.

I regret they hadn't the desserts of the menu.

Pros: vegan choices, location, inexpensive

Vegan Brownies_YUM! - Edit

This place is great! Had the curried coconut vegetables and the arroz integral…yum. My husband had the lentil burger with lots of veggies on it and it comes with the best real potato fries. Ask for ketchup and the salsa verde. Had ginger tea and a vegan brownie for dessert. All fresh ingredients, nice people running it and great music on the stereo.
Thank you Te Quiero Verde. New Hours 12-8pm.

Pros: fresh food, great music playing, nice space

Cons: would love it to be open for breakfast!

Perfect - Edit

Te quiero verde was my cantine in San Cristobal. I used to go to the Ninos Heroes place but they have another one on Guadalupe named Naturissimo (same menu but not as cute). Food was amazing, service perfect and music just addictive. I loved the place. My favourites: Habibi and Taj Mahal burgers, the vegan brownie, the vegan tacos and the calabacitas soup.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Excellent soyburger - Edit

I really liked the soyburger with fresh veggies, and its a cozy nice place. The prices are good and staff is friendly.

Pros: Tasty, Healthy, Cheap

Cons: Empty, A bit cold

Heaven - Edit

My sister and I were so happy to come across this place and decided that it was most definitely one of the best vegetarian restaurants we'd ever eaten at, if not our new favourite. The staff are too sweet and it's apparent that all of their food (freshly made with the kitchen on display) is made with so much love and care. Their burgers were amazing and we became totally addicted to their cookies. Plus their hummus is to die for. We returned here again and again and were sad when we had to continue our travels to less vegetarian friendly towns. This is without a doubt the best vegetarian restaurant we found in Mexico and we had some of our favourite meals in 2 months here. Good food, lovely people, relaxing and light atmosphere, we wish them all the best for the future!

Pros: Fresh clean tasty food, Wonderful staff, Light atmosphere

yes, yes, yes! - Edit

Could not have been happier to return to the city and find this new place which has come around to inject some life into the Sancris veggie scene. Great location, inviting atmosphere, and as others have mentioned, just very positive energy overall. Most of their items are vegan and the rest can be made so with a few changes. Mexican specialties like tacos and tamales as well as more exotic dishes like couscous and Indian rice. Also serves wine and excellent smoothies/juices. Highly recommended, support this place!

Pros: delicious, friendly, great atmosphere

good food and lovely energy - Edit

I've been here twice and will definitely come back again. The food is good and the cook and server has a gentle energy that you can feel from the way he prepares the food, it is also always nicely presented with care. I've had the tamales, fries, Bombay arroz (curry) and Sopa de verdura, all good.

Best Veggie Burger - Edit

This restaurant is a treat, even among the many vegetarian restaurants in San Cristobal. The veggie burger is the best I've ever had, even my meat eating friends went back twice for more. Love the atmosphere and the owners are super friendly.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Owners

Contributions +11

Delicious! - Edit

Was so happy to find this restaurant. The owners are so friendly, the atmosphere is so welcoming, and I had the best veggie burgers I've ever had here...even went back a few days in a row while in San Cristobal just to have them.

Pros: Best Veggie Burgers ever, Lovely Owners, Great atmosphere

Return to San Cristobal De Las Casas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Te Quiero Verde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2374 times since Jan 2014.