Taps & Tacos

• ( 8 reviews )

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fusion restaurant offering beer and tacos. Vegan choices are the moody masala burrito (jackfruit), jerk fruit taco (jackfruit), cajun tofu taco, and a peanut butter pudding. The Korean pork taco can be made vegan with jackfruit. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-12:00am, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by scocasso

tonyakay

Points +1934

Raw
13 Dec 2021

Vegan presented well

The vegan options are presented well but quite expensive for the fast food / bar environment. You can sub jack fruit into anything to make it vegan. They also feature cauliflower as a base right now.

MichelleHarkerOwen

Points +135

Mostly Veg
16 Sep 2021

Several vegan dishes in menu

Nice atmosphere. Ancho Roasted Cauliflower-based vegan options currently on menu. Also vegan peanut butter pudding dessert option. I tried the vegan burrito: ancho roasted cauliflower, poblano rice, cabbage slaw, black bean & corn salsa, pickled onion, cilantro, vegan chipotle crema $13

Delicious! Quite feeling too. I had been planning to try the peanut butter dessert but I didn't have room lol

jennybobenny

Points +47

Vegetarian
02 Jul 2020

Expensive

Not a place I’d go to again.

Cons: Expensive , Small portions, even for appetizers.

avery15

Points +200

27 Apr 2019

Tasty tacos and burritos

Boyfriend and I each got a jackfruit burrito and shared a cauliflower taco. Really enjoyed the jackfruit burrito- I asked for some extra cashew crema to put on it which was a good call! Felt like it was a bit light on the jackfruit though. Cauliflower taco was really tasty, just small. Some good local beers on tap- tried a guava saison which was delish! Server was friendly and food came quickly.

jessek

Points +1635

05 Mar 2019

Tasty tacos but very small portions

The tacos are really tasty and appreciate that they had vegan sauces like the cashew crema instead of just having to omit dairy products. They were also very accommodating and said every taco on the menu can be made vegan but subbing cauliflower or jackfruit (they recently removed tofu). I was also really happy that they have a vegan dessert option. The only negative was that the portions were very small and I ended up having to order a second round of tacos because I was still hungry after eating the tacos I'd originally ordered.

NoraWang

Points +24

Vegetarian
07 May 2018

great options

Some vegan options. But many items can be made vegetarian. Very good flavors. Nice and hip atmosphere. Will be back.

MeganM

Points +26

12 Nov 2017

Would rate 5 stars

Food was super tasty. The spicy salsa was the bomb. Also, the taco with tofu.

The staff where friendly and talked to us. I liked how you could watch the kitchen prepare the food.

Next time I will try the burrito!

Pros: Great atmosphere , Super tasty food, Friendly staff

scocasso

Points +269

12 Nov 2017

Review #1

The food was really good. It looks like it won't fill you up, but my two companions said they were full. I was satisfied and would recommend the burrito for a bigger appetite.

We tried all the vegan options, I believe: chips & salsa, house salad, two types of tacos, one burrito, and dessert. All were good and tasty, although I thought the chips could have been better. Hard to beat Que Pasa chips, though. The staff was very good and the manager too.

The venue is interesting with its high ceiling, open kitchen, upstairs balcony, and large windows; good place to hang out.

[We didn't try any of the alcoholic beverages.]

Pros: Good food, nice atmosphere, Vegan options, Good location

Cons: Need better chips

Return to Port Moody Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taps & Tacos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.