Tamie's Kitchen

Carnival Park Mihama 214, 15-69 Mihama, Chatan-cho, Okinawa, Japan, 904-0115

Vegan restaurant in Chatan est. 2014 by a macrobiotic chef and re-opened Sep 2017. Offers a varied food range, from raw vegan desserts and burgers to curry and vegan sushi. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Western, Beer/Wine, Bakery

First Review by Vegeiko

Delicious food, great location - Edit

After planning a trip to Carnival Park Mihama, I was thrilled to find that they had their own vegan restaurant. The restaurant was very well signed. Unlike most vegan restaurants in Japan, you could very easily stumble across this one.

After making a booking and watching the sunset on the nearby beach, my girlfriend and I made our way to Tamie's Kitchen. As it happens, the booking wasn't really necessary, we were the only customers when we got there.

We both had the dinner special, which was a plate with a variety of dishes. All of them delicious. I had mine with bread, and after a year of living in Japan it was great to see real bread that I didn't have to cook for myself.

For dessert, we had the soy milk soft-serve topped with chocolate and nuts. The first bite tasted a bit strange, but afterwards it was really quite nice.

This is the only exclusively Vegan restaurant in all of Okinawa (according to HappyCow) so its competition may be limited, but it's good food and location mean that it can hold its own against the Vegan restaurants of mainland Japan.

Pros: Good food, Excellent location, Nice desserts

Cute Place - Edit

I only got to try their pre-opening ice cream, but that was DELICIOUS. I moved off the island before they actually opened. They have a second location now.

Vegan heaven in an American village!! - Edit

Located in famous Chatan American Village, near US military base, right across the Starbucks on the second floor deck. I was desperately trying to find something to eat but all I could find was All-American hot dogs and 100% American beef ( I don't really care) hamburgers, then as always, Happy Cow Apps "location nearby" helped me, I was practically in front of the restaurant...at 3:30 pm and if you are a vegetarian in unfamiliar city, you'd know how I felt like!! I had an amazingly yummy vegan Teriyaki burgers and buns were made by natural yeast and whole wheat!! Had a fantastic time!!

Return to Okinawa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tamie's Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.