First Review by Lilipad

Good not great - Edit

Friday night buffet. Everything was really good but there was nothing extraordinary about the menu. Four vegan options on the buffet line.

Overall, Very Good - Edit

I went to Taj Palace for dinner one night with my family, and we were seated quickly as the restaurant was mostly empty. The man who greeted us and gave us our food was incredibly friendly and helpful in answering our questions. He didn't pull any of that "oh, there's only a bit of chicken in it" thing, which was very nice.

I got the Sambar soup and the spinach Dal Curry. Both were delicious as was the rice. I didn't see the Channa Masala on the menu (It was) which I normally order, but I enjoyed getting out of my "comfort zone," as they say.

Some others in my party ordered the Rasam soup, which according to them was "inedibly salty." I had a taste and was disappointed to find that they were correct. We brought it to the kind man's attention, and he apologised and explained that the chef had forgotten to add enough water or something like that. The point is, he was very nice and didn't charge us for it. Luckily, the problem with soup is unlikely to repeat, and so the Rasam is probably usually made correctly.

The only other problem was that the bathrooms were shared with the bar next door, and were not especially clean.

Overall, a very good meal. The rest of the meal was delicious, and I'd love to return.

Pros: Delicious food, Kind food, Buffet

Cons: Bathrooms unclean, Generally a bit on the salty side

Indian Yum - Edit

Visiting the Bend area this weekend. Looking for something vegan to eat and we came across this Gem. The food was tasty and the lunch buffet had plenty of vegan fare. The staff was friendly and on top of it. Will be back again soon.

Pros: vegan friendly

Return to Bend Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj Palace closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.