Taco Del Mar

250-314-7720

1180 Columbia St W Unit 117 (at Summit Shopping Ctr), Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, V2C 6R6

Serves meat, vegan options available. Baja California style Mexican fast food chain where you could ask for customization. Tortillas, beans, taco shells, chips, rice, guacamole, salsa, and hot sauces are vegan. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by trufflepiggy

ok. nothing special - Edit

It's easy to eat vegan here, they even mention vegan options on the menu board. The food however isn't overly amazing. It's kind of on the level of Taco Time. Fast food, ok, not worth getting excited about. Chipotle does a better vegan burrito with sofritas. Go there if you're in a pinch but The Chopped Leaf next door is much better.

mexilicious! - Edit

spent a few days in the loops. was craving a substantial but healthy vegan meal (not indian food, which we hit on Friday night). It was oily. we drove around the lower sahali area of the loops and there it was: Taco Del Mar! I hadn't eaten at a TDM in ages cos at home, because I cook or eat at other vegan places, but I know they do vegan & veggie stuff, so in we went. The staff was really helpful & suggested a few things for me. I chose the vegan Baja Bowl: a bowl packed with seasoned rice (veggie stock cooked), black beans & refried beans (cooked in veggie oil), lettuce, tomatoes, pico de gallo, and big scoops of guacamole. mmm! we sat on the patio that sunny Saturday, eating vegan mexican food & sipping a beer and for that half hour, the loops was alright.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 28, 2013

Forgot to mention that as we left the loops to head up to Sun Peaks, we stopped in for another lunch (vegan options are non-existent in Sun Peaks). This time, we had the Sunday family special: 2 platters plus medium drinks for $20. I had the taco & enchilada platter, both stuffed with black & refried beans. Taco also contained lettuce & pico de gallo, and the enchilada was topped with their vegan enchilada sauce. The platter also came piled high with rice, beans, lettuce, and guacamole. Yum.

Pros: vegan & veggie options & they have beer, helpful staff, inexpensive with daily specials

Cons: a bit hard to find

Return to Kamloops Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taco Del Mar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.