Sweet Yams Organic Takeout

210-229-9267

218 N Cherry St, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78202

Serves meat, vegan options available. A short bus ride/walk from downtown, this little house converted to a restaurant offers soul food. The porch has been converted into a screened-in seating area. Has a vegan chili plus vegan southern greens, and vegetarian items like red beans and rice, broccoli, yams, green beans. Order at a window.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Soul food, Southern American, Non-veg

First Review by jujutsuka

Funky Little Spot! - Edit

Tiny place with a covered, partially closed-in porch, for outdoor eating year-round. Serves southern style comfort foods. Vegan options we tried were excellent.

Felt like we stepped into Bezerkley CA. Friendly & dedicated husband/wife owner/operators who believe in supporting local, organic agriculture and serving healthy fare. Mostly take-out.

We'll be back...!!

Pros: Vegan options are delicious! , Fun place, very friendly owners, Very affordable!!

Cons: Tiny place. No indoor dining.

YUM - Edit

This place was an exciting find. When I first pulled up, I thought maybe it was closed down, but it's just small and the space is open. I ordered the vegan chili and it was absolutely incredible! It's my go-to place when I'm near that area.

Pros: Flavorful Food, Friendly Staff, Low Prices

Cons: Not Enough Vegan Entrees , No A/C or Heater

going back tomorrow ! - Edit

Homestyle cooking, I had the rice & beans and the vegan veg/greens. It was great. Will go again before my trip is over.

The seating is outdoors, but there are barriers erected to keep the wind out -- it was a bit cold (in Jan) but the food made everything better. :)

Pros: super friendly staff, perfect food for the cold, homestyle cooking

Cons: no indoor seating

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Yams Organic Takeout closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.