Sweet Ritual

• Other Other
  • Vegan
Contact 512-666-8346

4631 Airport Blvd. Ste. 125, Austin, Texas, USA, 78751

Old fashioned ice cream parlor with a completely vegan menu. Features 16 total vegan ice cream flavors, gluten free waffle cones baked fresh daily, sundae, and banana split. Relocated from 4500 Duval St. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

First Review by nutritionchick

Sweet Ritual...delicious vegan ice cream - Edit

Sweet ritual is so amazing! They have a freezer full of interesting hard scoop ice cream flavors and soft serve....everything here is 100% vegan. Treat yourself to sundaes and shakes with all the toppings (their homemade salted caramel, yum)!!!! The quality and taste is unparalleled!

Pros: Delicious, Vegan soft serve

Cons: Small storefront, limited seating

A DREAM COME TRUE - Edit

So thrilled to take my two girls to an ice cream store where they can choose from ANY of the flavors!!! A MUST STOP experience for all vegans worldwide...when in Texas!!

We had a peanut butter chocolate flavor that was knock it out of the ball park!

Also cool old school video games to play for free...like pac man. Super cool community vibe in a shared retail location. But they're moving so confirm the address....

Thank you Jesus!

Delicious, Delicious, Delicious - Edit

My husband and I love this place! It is an absolute must anytime we are in Austin. The place is super cute, they have a TON of ice cream options, plus soft serve, plus toppings, plus cones... it is seriously a fully stocked ice cream parlor. I almost always get the peanut butter ice cream, and my fiance gets the soft serve vanilla. I also tried the coffee ice cream they had. Absolutely incredible. This place is so awesome, and easy to get to, definitely go visit!

Pros: Awesome ice cream, Super friendly staff, A plethora of choices

Cons: Parking can be scarce and a litlle crazy

Everything you ever dreamed of as a young vegan - Edit

You're going to want to return here multiple times. Everything is so good, and there are so many flavors to choose from. There's such a wide assortment of bases, so hopefully you can get something that works for you if you have allergies or sensitivities. The Unicorn Poop is fun and colorful. It has Skittles and all sorts of multi-colored things. I love the cookie dough ice cream, and their shakes are amazing. Oh! And the salted caramel sauce! Yes!

Pros: So many different flavors and bases, An entire vegan ice cream shop, Why are you still reading this?

a jewel - Edit

A real old-fashioned ice cream shop but vegan! I like that they use different bases, not just coconut... I especially like the peanut butter base. Consider Death Metal By Chocolate when it's available. Their shakes also rule!

Best ice-cream parlour in the world! - Edit

This place is amazing! It shares a space with Juiceland (which has lots of vegan options) and a record shop. So many creative flavours of ice-cream and lots of different options for sundaes, with awesome topping options like Oreos, gummie worms etc.

I got a cookie dough sundae with a scoop of the Cinnamonkey Elephantastic and a scoop of the unicorn poop. The cookie dough is sooo yummy and the cinnamonkey ice-cream is really unique. The unicorn poop is so pretty with lots of candies inside.

My partner got the peanut butter sundae with two different types of peanut butter ice-cream which he loved.

They also have a "Vegan passport" available there, which is done by Vegans Rock Austin, and recommends a bunch of vegan places to try in Austin :)

The person who served us was really friendly and we both loved this place!

Pros: All vegan ice-cream parlour, Creative flavours, So many different sundae options

Ice cream! - Edit

I am obsessed with any kind of treat, so finding somewhere the fully explores vegan ice cream including toppings/sauces etc definitely had to be done!

Before I start it's just worth mentioning that as a vegan and eco-warrior, I was seriously disappointed to be served my ice cream in a take-away bowl with a take-away spoon. How utterly unnecessary and disappointing. This is why they only get 2 cows from me, as our footprint is so damn important!

We were UK tourists so did not have a car- it is possible to reach by bus (it literally stops across the street, although i'm sorry I can't remember the number!) so if you allocate time, you can visit this place!

I picked something from the menu, and I did enjoy it! It was a bit...too indulgent (!) which is a lot for me to say that.
I think it's because since going vegan, I haven't binged on something so over the top sickly and sweet, you know??
Buy anyway, the ice cream itself was nice and I giggled like a kid about buying it, so that's what counts!

Oh and the juiceland place in the same room offers not only juices, but noodle/salad/ health boxes so you can technically go here for lunch and ice cream!
Updated from previous review on Monday July 21, 2014

Pros: all vegan, LOTS OF CHOICE!!!!

Cons: using disaposable stuff- not cool!, out the main city

SweetRitual Hi Nikki,
Thanks so much for your review!
To address your concerns: no ice cream shop in the Austin area offers reusable dishes, they are all disposable. Our ice cream shop is mainly a take-away business, and it's impossible for us to offer reusable items to every customer. We offered reusable products our first year in business and customers kept throwing them away (argh!) or our staff was hidden in the back, away from the customers, washing mounds of dishes.
We pride ourselves in using compostable bowls, spoons and straws, and we buy these products from a locally-owned company that is owned by a vegan. Glad you enjoyed the ice cream, and we hope to see you when you're back in Texas!
Amelia, Owner

Did not live up to the hype - Edit

Sweet Ritual had so much fanfare that I found it fell flat when I finally got around to trying it. The salted caramel and peppermint thin mint ice creams were not that memorable. I liked that they were not that sweet and had reasonable mouth feel, but the whole time I was eating it I thought how much more I preferred the ice cream from Thai Fresh.

Ice cream amazement - Edit

The number of vegan ice cream parlors in this country is so low, thank goodness for Sweet Ritual. I only wish they were somewhere other than Austin…. The hand-dipped goodness and soft-serve fun with toppings that are all vegan - it's paradise. The only problem is that I can't eat that much ice cream at once, because it's so filling. So, quickly solved problem: return again.

I think my favorite topping is the peanut butter shell! Add on chocolate chips, chocolate sauce and salted peanuts…. ohmigosh…..

Ok, love this place. I hope it heads north… if not, I will be back again and again when I am next in Austin! Thank you!!!!

Pros: All vegan, Soft serve, Peanut butter shell

Cons: Too many choices

I need a part time job for this one - Edit

Love at first taste! Yep, i will need supplemental income after finding this Vegan ice-cream parlor. It's gonna take extra money for gas to regularly drive there so i can try everything on the menu!
There were people lining up for the treats served by Sweet Ritual, nevertheless, service was fast

Pros: Incomparable, Vegan ice cream dishes!, Fast service

Cons: Only one - so far

yummy vegan ice cream - Edit

I haven't had a waffle cone since I became vegan almost 2 years ago. The waffle cone at sweet ritual is so good! It's harder than a normal waffle cone so it can absorb more of the melted ice cream. Yummy!

Got a scoop of peanut butter and a scoop of salty caramel to go with my cone. The salty caramel had a very subtle caramel taste, but I preferred the peanut butter. Wanted to try the cookie party but they just ran out. :( Next time.

Pros: tasty, friendly service

Deliciously decadent - Edit

The staff was super friendly and very knowledgeable about what is gluten free on the menu. The ice cream with fake butterfingers's and chocolate shell was heavenly. I cant wait to try another one of their many creative and tasty sounding combos!

Pros: friendly staff, many options, tasty!

Cons: a little expensive , small portions, bit of a wait for ice cream

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Ritual closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3670 times since Dec 2011.