Sutton and Sons - Graham Rd

218 Graham Rd, North London, England, E8 1BP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional fish and chips shop with separate vegan menu. Includes banana blossom 'fish' and chips, vegan 'scampi', veggie burgers and sausage rolls. One of several North London locations. Open Mon-Thu 12:00-22:00, Fri-Sat 12:00-22:30, Sun 12:00-22:00.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, British, Non-veg

First Review by Jameskille

GarrrliCat

Points +409

23 Jun 2020

Decent vegan fish and chips

First I was disappointed after finding out that they serve meat as well as on google maps it says vegan fish and chip shop and on the picture, there’s a sign in a window “100% vegan fish and chips” that’s pretty confusing and seems to me bit of a fu*k up.😡
The menu is big and for its place fair prices.
I’ve heard so much how is that the best f&ch and how good it is and tasty and great. Well, it was good but I wouldn’t go for such a strong words of excitement. I mean, good it’s not tofu but banan blossom for change but it didn’t taste any “fishy” to me tbh. I’m talking now about the Calamari Strips. But actually all of what I tried. I guess it reminds ppl of the real thing that it’s in a lot of batter which has this proper fried taste and texture. I’m not saying it’s bad, I enjoyed it, but would expect more of the fish flavour made by spicing it up somehow.
I enjoyed the Prawn cocktail the most. Very nice flavoured cocktail sauce. Unfortunately the “prawns “ seems to be those you can get from Asian stores frozen.
Very good fries and chips.
Mushy peas- I guess good, I’m not big fan of it so difficult to say.
Nice creamy coleslaw.
Average gravy with chunks of onion.

All in all, glad I tried. Good options, but was not so satisfied as I was expecting. The portions of fries and chips are huge! Nice helpful staff.

Cons: Not fully vegan as says on google maps

AdriRab

Points +26

10 Feb 2020

Good food, fairly priced.

Food is really tasty&the staff is attentive.

Pros: separate vegan menu, good prices.

ChristieGoyette

Points +185

23 Jan 2020

Incredible vegan fish and chips!

Sutton and Sons has perfected a vegan version of the British classic! Their vegan “fish” is made with banana blossom. It has a great flavour and mimics the texture of fish really well. And for anyone who’s not a fan of “fish,” the vegan battered sausages are great too!

Pros: Well priced, Big portion, Creative

IreneÁlvaro

Points +87

31 Oct 2019

The best vegan fish & chips

The staff immediately asked us if we wanted the vegan menu or the regular menu. We had fish and chips and it was scary how much it tasted like real fish. So good!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, on the cheaper side

BrendaWalsh

Points +18

27 Sep 2019

Good vegan fish and chips.

You must try this if you love fish and chips and want a very good vegan alternative.
I liked it more then they had a separate shop for the vegan menu though!

Jameskille

Points +2512

23 Apr 2019

As good as vegan Fish and Chips gets

We were really impressed by this place. Separate vegan menu was a really nice touch. Unfortunately couldn’t try everything but the fish made out of banana blossom was very impressive, as was the vegan tartar sauce dip and curry sauce.

Really friendly staff too.

A must if you’re a fish and chips fan.

Pros: Welcoming staff , Loads of quality vegan options, Not over priced

Return to North London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sutton and Sons - Graham Rd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.