Steffenhagen

Contact 01608485634

Schönfelder Straße 2, Dresden, Germany, 01099

Vegan restaurant opened Mar 2016 by the owner of Dicker Schmidt. The menu includes mostly German cuisine, like schnitzel, soup or dumplings, appetizers, and dessert. There is also a menu of the day and a selection of beverages. Bar opens til later. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Beer/Wine, European, German

First Review by Richard Ross

awful - Edit

I went here with a friend and honestly it was a horrible experience. Service was slow and unfriendly and disorganised.

The food was very slow to come and when it did it was so bland (plain boiled potatoes, plain pasta with a bit of cabbage and herbs) and it was all so overpriced (€12.50 and €6.50 respectively). Really wouldn't recommend.

ONLY saving grace was the fact that they played good music and the atmosphere was nice enough.

Pros: music

Cons: service, price, taste

Great Vegan German Food - Edit

It was a delicious dinner in this cozy restaurant. The service is welcoming and helpful in explaining any questions which you might have. They make wonderful teas in-house. The food is typical German but in a vegan variety. We liked the homemade vegan cheesecake a lot.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Service

International level quality - Edit

'German' food, i.e. not particularly spicy. Kitchen / food / drink quality on international, very high level, e.g., no nonsense with wine and rum: No choice in menu (just one or two types) but truly excellent quality.
Around 15 very good, diverse (German style) main course choices, some of them gladly without garlic, plus three excellent desserts.
No ideology (no vegan or animal rights magazines, either), just a very, very good vegan restaurant; friendly, not stuck up at all. Completely normal people. Located in anti-fascist part of town "across the river".
Cash only, no bank or credit cards.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-18

Meraviglioso, voglio tornarci - Edit

Grandissima qualità, personale preparato, grande varietà di piatti, gusto sbalorditivo:

QUESTO È IL VEGAN CHE CI PIACE

Pros: Ristorante Vegan di altissimo livello, dovrebbe "f

Cons: Voglio tornarci e ritornarci :-D

Awesome! - Edit

My husband and I went here with his parents. I had the Schnitzeljagd...the portion was huge! It tasted pretty amazing too. The schnitzel was nicely seasoned with lemon, yet still crispy on the outside, and the texture was really good. It came with really nice boiled potatoes and a mushroom gravy sauce. His dad had the gulasch, which came with herb dumplings. His mom had one of the specials of the day, which was a beet burger with potato wedges and a really nice aioli dip, and I forget what my husband had, oops. We did sample from each other and everyone really liked everything. For four people it was only €60 including drinks, so the prices are pretty reasonable as well. The service was also good and friendly. I'll definitely go back!

Pros: huge servings!, awesome schnitzel, prices are good

great great food!! - Edit

Steffenhagen was the first place a friend & I had food during a weekend in Dresden. And I was tempted to come back because the menu is huge and the food tasted amazing! (we didn't, in the end, but only because there were so many other placed we wanted to try)

first of all: great neighborhood, cosy little restaurant with a neat looking menu and an attentive waitress.
food: excellent. I really appreciate places that offer traditional German food with a twist and as a vegan variation. Steffenhagen does this in an excellent way!
I had the "G & K" - goulash with potato dumplings. really really good! even though I kinda like my food with a little bit more veg, I know that this is how it's traditionally eaten and I can appreciate this ;)
my friend had chicken nuggets and potato wedges - which I was allowed to try and I found them really tasty as well. quite unique to be honest, not like the ones you buy in the supermarket.

unfortunately, they didn't have any cake that day but maybe this was for the best as portions were huge and dessert would have hardly fit, ha!

Pros: variety & choice, taste, location & service

Cons: for the area/dresden probably a bit on the pricey , but definitely worth it!

Wouldn't go there again - Edit

The choice of food is very good. However, the food was not convincing at all, especially for that price. The atmosphere was ok, but we were the only guests on a Sunday evening. The waiter seemed to be a bit out of place. Can't really recommend it.

Pros: Good choice of food

Cons: Too expensive, Weird atmosphere

Delicious food in a friendly restaurant - Edit

Eating here was really enjoyable. The food was delicious and well presented. My main course was a tofu schnitzel with boiled potatoes and mushrooms in a creamy sauce. Fresh and tasty. The dessert was exceptional - soft, dark bitter chocolate with a glass of rum. A wonderful combination. The staff were friendly and helpful, spoke English but were happy to indulge my attempts at speaking German.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Imaginative food well presented, Friendly and helpful staff

Return to Dresden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Steffenhagen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.