First Review by aflame2432

Heaven for Plant Eaters - Edit

We are 3 days into a 5 night stay and love it here. Amazing food. Highly recommend the afternoon tea. The dinners are fantastic and breakfast is satisfying in a way I usually don't get unless I'm cooking at home. Had a wonderful cooking class. The gardens are great. Really everything is awesome. Nutrition class with Sid Garza Hillman is well worth it

Pros: great food, nice environment , great people.

Cons: can be pricey but we think worth it

Mixed interests. - Edit

I recently stayed here for several days. There are mixed interests at this inn that are in conflict with a simple, healthy, vibrant and peaceful vegan lifestyle. This inn is surely in a lovely location with a peek-a-boo view of the ocean and near so many nature parks with an abundance of wildlife like deer, dozens of species of birds, seals, whales, and snakes—all of these creatures I saw myself while here. When I drove through the entrance of the inn I was confronted with the sight of horses and lamas in grassless corals and when I entered the inn, I was surrounded by dogs (some resembling and sounding like squeaky stuffed animals) on tethers and chains. It was explained to me that the horses and lamas were "rescued" and now pets of the owners and on his private property. I then went to my room and straight ahead were two large cookies and straight ahead of that was a large flat screened tv. At this point I was just taking it all in. I then took a walk out into the organic gardens and in the middle was a caged in area with two geese that had there wings clipped. At this point my heart sank and a question arose: Would I rather live 50 years wild and free, or would I rather be tamed and subdued for anothers use and have my arms clipped off and live for 100? Birth and death is a beautiful part of the experience of being human. We shun death of the body and project out our fears on other beings (and this leads many to eat them). This clearly showed at this inn; in the living room there were three old wooden horses that children could ride on. Ironically, in my room was a novel called "Zoo"; a fictional story about wild animals taking over the world. Is this expensive inn a demonstration for the good will of all beings, and joyous, harmonious human stewardship of this blessed earth, or is it simply another road to the bank? Where is this ship headed?

Loved Literally Everything (Best Massage Ever) - Edit

Literally everything about this place is great. From the big items (the whole place is vegan) to the small human touches. There were fresh cookies every morning and they are GOOD.
They had sweet potato treats for our dog waiting in the room.

The food is out of this world good and tea time everyday is so charming and comes with a delicious baked good.

The rooms are so nice, charming and have lovely fireplaces and balconies.

We also got the best massages of our lives from an adorable, tiny woman.

Can't wait to get back here.

Just wonderful! - Edit

Incredibly beautiful resort embedded in an amazing landscape. Staff is very friendly and the vegan food is exceptional. Especially the complimentary afternoon cakes are fantastic - probably the best we've ever had.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Staff

Wonderful experience - Edit

My wife & I stayed at the Stanford Inn for two nights, and had a wonderful experience. The food was amazing - breakfast & afternoon tea is included in the room rate and both were delicious. The breakfast deserves special mention - AMAZING! Other than that, the accommodation was extremely nice (we stayed in the collage near the friendly rescued farm animals) and the nearby town of Mendocino is oozing with charm. Bikes are free of charge, and there are lots of opportunities to explore the town and nearby wilderness by peddle power. Al in all a wonderful experience. We will be back.

Pros: Amazing food, Beautiful peaceful environment, Lovely rooms

Cons: Price high, but still good value

Return to Mendocino Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Stanford Inn by the Sea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1475 times since Sep 2013.