Sprout House

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 313-331-3200

15233 Kercheval St (at Beaconsfield), Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, USA, 48230

Fresh fruits & vegetables including organic, juice bar, vitamins, deli offers salads, sandwiches, and soups. Also, the Sprout House carries non-GMO products, including specialty prepared foods, soups year-round, tofu and organic produce. In addition, the Sprout House also carries natural cleaning products, cosmetics and an assortment of groceries. It participate in the Saturday Market May through October from 9am-1pm every Saturday.

First Review by hungryhippo

Absolute best - Edit

Definitely my favorite spot in town! The owner and employees could not be friendlier and there is always a selection of delicious, vegan soup to choose from. Not to mention their incredible southwestern avocado sandwich and hummus wrap (best hummus around). Such a great local health store!!!

worth the drive from downtown - Edit

Although the Pointes are a bit out of the way from downtown, whenever I am in the area I go out of my way to stop there. I go there for the pre-made/packaged deli items like the tempeh "chicken" salad with veganaise and cherries, or the spicy sesame noodles. They also have a frozen section, produce, dry goods - a small grocery selection.

Awesome - Edit

A welcome addition to the neighborhood. I get my organic kale, whole grain Avalon bread and bulk lentils here. I have also had their prepared foods and what I have tried is delicious. I am so glad they are here and Grosse Pointe Park has this healthy option!
Updated from previous review on Friday July 29, 2011

Pros: excellent food, friendly, excellent quality

Cons: small, no late hours, can't find it - ask the owner

Your friendly neighborhood health food store - Edit

Driving by, it looks like a small no-frills vitamin store. I ducked in hoping to find some vegan Omega 3 (made from algae instead of fish oil). They had multiple vegan options to choose from at good prices. For a small store, their selection is amazing.

The first couple times I came here I must have been in a hurry b/c I didn't even notice the deli. Glad I finally did. You can order from the counter or pick up something pre-made from the cooler. Great selection of veg*n homemade soups. The Mediterranean Tofu Sandwich is a winner! I'd love it if they opened up a small Panera-type restaurant across the street, separate from the health food store.

The extra great thing about this place is the friendly staff. It's one of those places that makes you feel at home.

Pros: friendly staff, easy street parking, great selection

Superb Soups and Sandwiches - Edit

On the rare occasion that I'm on the opposite side of town from my own, I never forget the great hot vegan soups, great sandwiches and others foods (both vegan and otherwise) made and packaged on the premises. Driving by, you would might see it as a not very big health food store, but it's so much more. I wish that it was on my side of town.

great food!! - Edit

This place has the most amazing tofu sandwiches, side dishes and cake. The health food store is well stocked, for being as small as it is. The owner (?) and employees are so knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I drive a half an hour for the spicy korean sandwich!!

Return to Grosse Pointe Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sprout House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2015 times since Aug 2007.