Souls

Contact 04534100101

Melchiors Plads 3, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2100

Est. 2016 by two Australians, this is a non-veg turned veg cafe. Everything is vegan except for cows' milk for drinks. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Juice bar, European, Fusion

First Review by konlish

tasty fresh food! - Edit

Really nice restaurant in a suburban area near to Copenhagen city centre. We tried the pizza and burger and both were amazing - a healthier take on both. The staff were good and restaurant busy giving it a good atmosphere. It's quite pricey but worth the money if you're happy to spend it. They offer different menus earlier in the day, as well as salads, sides and even a few vegan desserts!

My favorite vegan Café in Copenhagen - Edit

Souls Cph is, hands down, the best vegan cafe in Copenhagen, in my humble opinion. I've been there several times and they have never let me down. The food is always delicious, beautiful presented & the service is always friendly & great.
Great atmosphere & cozily decorated so you feel like you're on a little holiday.

Pros: amazing brunch! try the pancake stack, they make everything themselves

Cons: it's not very central but it's worth the e, finding parking in the area can be tricky

Thanks for dinner - Edit

My friend and I had a great time at Souls. Souls has a wonderful concept: healthy plant based food. The place is a bit small, and their sweet potato fries are not up for recommendation. They didn't even have some sort of ketchup dip to their sloppy, bland and dull "fries". The Soul Burger on the other hand was really good! And their raw chocolate cake too! The only place where you can eat a burger and cake while feeling good about it!

Pros: The Souls Burger, Nice Staff, Healthy food

Cons: Sweet potato fries, Small space

Lovely food and place, but please stop selling cows milk - Edit

I've visited Souls twice and greatly enjoyed the food, drinks and cakes. Specifically I've tried two different sandwiches and a chocolate cheese cake. Last time I visited the place with two nonvegans both of which also seemed very pleased with the food, and the one who had coffee went with almond milk. Hoping to try their burgers sometime!

There is one drawback, though: I really wish they'll drop the option to have cows milk in your coffee, however, with all those lovely plant based alternatives they serve. Seems like such a small step to make! Until then it should be listed as "Vegetarian", and my rating will remain a 4.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-30

Pros: Great food, Cozy atmosphere, Good service

Cons: Serves cows milk

Absolutely Fantastic! - Edit

This place was so 'hygge'! I met a long-distance vegan friend in-person for the first time here for brunch and we were both so impressed by the food! The breakfast plate was packed with absolutely delicious and gorgeously presented items.

Pros: Delicious, Breakfast/brunch options, Cozy environment

not a 100% vegan - Edit

No burgers until 16.00 very disappointing .. Serves milk so not a 100% vegan .

Cons: no burgers until 16.00 , serves cow milk

2 Responses

souls 20 Nov 2016 - Did you try the food? Sorry but we cant serve all our meals every hour of the day. Same as any restaurant, you serve certain meals at certain times. FYI, we don't serve our breakfast items at night, sorry
There wasn't the option for 99.9% vegan, maybe write to happy cow for us

GalithHaliva 20 Nov 2016 - Tried the food. Hamburgers are not breakfast ..

delicious - Edit

Fantastic place with a 100% vegan menu. Salads, burgers and sandwiches. Freshly squeezed juices. I had the smokey BBQ with avocado and coconut "cheese" sandwich which was delicious. Portions are generous and price good for Copenhagen. Really friendly staff

Pros: food, friendly staff

Cons: no sides available until 4pm so no fries

Plant based oasis in Østerbro - Edit

Souls' entire menu is 100% plant based, with non-vegan options available as a side. I've now tried everything on their menu, and it's all delicious and good portion sizes. The dressings are mainly nut or seed-based and taste awesome. Each salad comes with their own kind of dressing, as do the sandwiches. They have great breakfast as well as dinner options too. The sweet potato salad and the Soulful BBQ sandwich are my favourites. Great spot.

Updated from previous review on 2016-04-24

Pros: Delicious food, Great atmosphere, Super nice staff

AMAZING! - Edit

I travel a lot and I have tried vegan places all over the world but the food at souls was just amazing. I had the soul burger with "cheese", sweet potato fries and a salad and everything was just perfect. I highly recommend this place if u are ever in Copenhagen! Staff is super nice too.

One of my favorites in Copenhagen - Edit

I've been a couple of times, tried the kidneybean spread and the BBQ mushroom sandwich as well as the brunch. Prices are reasonable and you leave full.

You can get a raw cake or popsicles from Nicecream (natural homemade vegan icecream from CPH) as a dessert.

They also serve organic wine and sangria - great.

Pros: All vegan, Big portions, Lots of seating - inside and out

Cons: A little outside the city centre

Top quality vegan place in Copenhagen - Edit

We were unsure what to expect, having seen a couple of reviews which mentioned non-vegan options. But having spoken to the friendly guys in charge I'm pleased to report that that is all in the past, and Souls is now fully vegan!

We had two of the "sangers" (that's Australian for sandwiches, I believe), both of which were superb, and huge too. I mean, hearty, crusty bread, really stuffed with tasty ingredients. My favourite was the BBQ mushroom one, but between the three of us we tried them all, and it was rave reviews all round.

There are other options too – there's breakfast and brunch (pancakes sound good) and a burger as well. We haven't tried them yet, but we'll be back :)

Souls is nicely located too, on a quiet, leafy square. Well worth a visit!

Pros: excellent food, good prices (for Cph!), nice location and atmosphere

love this place! - Edit

Hip place, crowded and amazing food. The sweet potato sandwich was delicious and the salads we shared interesting, good in size and wonderful. Had the dessert and loved every bite. Great coffee too. Will be back

service could be faster. food was spectacular. - Edit

The BBQ sandwich was really messy and not very BBQ, but it was really amazing. The sangria was also fantastic. The service was a little slow. I got my drink with my food after quite a wait. It was worth the wait.

Pros: great food, lots of outdoor seating , location

Cons: slow drink service

Great place - Edit

I went for the launch event on 1 April 2016 and it had a great turn out. Alot of people came. I got to taste samples of their delicious salads with a variety of dressings ( I tried curry and truffle, love the truffle one): sweet potato and chickpea salad, beetroot and quinoa salad and mixed leaves and quinoa salad; bread with humus spread, bread with tomato spread that tasted meaty, tiny slices of potatoes with some dressing and toppings on that looked like cavier, cabbage with some soya and dressing, mini burgers. All the samples were great, well presented and 100% plant based. They make a fantastic lemomade.

I got to speak to the owners and found out that as they are testing to see customer feedback that they have meat offered as an option for customers eventhough their kitchen is 100% plant based. This for me was the only drawback.

Pros: 100% Plant based menu, Delicious unique flavours and food.

Cons: Has animal flesh as an option.

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Souls closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.