Shinrin Shokudo

( 1 review )
75-2026665

24-4 Nishinokyo Uchihatacho, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan, 604-8417

Serves meat, vegan options available. Curry house with one vegan choice served with rice and pickled vegetables. The Indian chef/owner will translate the otherwise Japanese menu for you. Closed on the days that bare multiples of 6: 6, 12, 18, 24, 30.

Categories: Indian, Japanese, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by VSmile

Was it a conscious mistake? - Edit

When I was there the owner/chef was a Japanese lady and not an Indian as the description of the place says. After I dug into the supposedly vegan spinach curry my tears started flowing involuntarily uncontrollably as I felt as one with the poor soul of the chicken and saw her so clearly as I felt her flesh in my mouth. There were no other customers at the time... so it wasn't because it was busy..
The lady felt really bad as she saw my crying face (I tried to hide it but couldn't control it). Somehow the spinach curry was filled with chicken chunks and she had forgotten that it was. At the end of course didn't have to pay for that curry and I received a pouch of Tulsi tea as a present when exiting. I haven't been back since of course as it was somewhat traumatic. (Thankfully I didn't eat the chicken as I realised the texture and got this huge wave of sadness and emotion come crushing over me at the first bite when in my mouth). But maybe I should give it another chance as the lady did feel bad.

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shinrin Shokudo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.