Sharmaji Indian Veggie Restaurant

Contact 23340133

Shop A, G/F, Block 2, Hung Hom Garden, 3 Tsing Chau Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China, 852

Serves tasty vegetarian Indian food. Vegans are easily accommodated. Staff speak good English. Booking ahead is suggested, as the 26 seats available can fill quickly. Directions: Very close to bus route 115 running to Hong Kong Island (including Causeway Bay, Wan Chai, Central and the Macau Ferry Terminal). Mon-Sat 9:30am-9:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Blue Cloud

Yes! yes! yes! - Edit

Fantastic lunch! The best I've had all week.
Super nice hostess, great people, great food!
Lots of options, nice environment.

Just go there! Do not hesitate! Go, go, go!
Prices are very reasonable!
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 10, 2015

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Sharmaji Indian Veggie Restaurant, Hong Kong - Edit

If I may update my previous review on this place. I've been 3 times to this establishment. Each time it has been excellent. My girlfriend and I are always careful to point out that we are interested in food that doesn't contain milk products. The waiting staff have been excellent in accommodating that request.

The food is wonderfully tasty, reasonably priced and the staff helpful. This is my girlfriend's favourite of the Indian vego places in HK. I'm not sure I would go that far but I certainly agree it's a contender.

Very good indeed.

Pros: vegan friendly, Tasty & good value food, Helpful staff

Tasty, simple and inexpensive - Edit

I really liked this restaurant - we visited twice. You can buy inexpensive meal sets that include one or two curries and a bread. I had black dal with a parantha bread, vegetables and rice. It was all very tasty. The second time my dal had a small dollop of butter on top though, so be careful if you are a strict vegan. The service was also very friendly.

Tasty Indian Takeaway - Edit

After being recommended to visit a walk to find this place was greeted with calm and serene atmosphere and pleasant staff keen to make your visit enjoyable. A query about vegan dishes was answered without trouble and complete understanding. Will be using this as a local for Veggie fast food

Pros: Price, Range , Variety

Cons: Location

Crazy buzy at lunch time - Edit

In the jewelry district.

Feeding the Jain & Marwari gem dealers.

Run by a couple from Himachal Pradesh.

I always order a thali with extra chapatis.

The rice is very, very white.

Not enough veggies for my liking.

Regulars seem to get served first - expect a long wait if you visit at lunchtime.

A lot of dairy used - vegans specify clearly.

Interesting food - Edit

I would have enjoyed the dining experience a lot better if it weren't for one of the staff to recommend almost identical dishes to us. Because we were new to this type of cuisine we kindly asked a staff member to help us and she pointed out 3 dishes that had pastries made in different shapes...but as we found out, of the same taste. The tastes were nice but because we managed to sample only the same thing three times but paid more than expected for it, I hope that other consumers would be more careful than me coming here.

Pros: Small portions for moneys worth

Cons: Misleading staff member, Too little sauce, Expensive

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sharmaji Indian Veggie Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2534 times since Aug 2010.