Sensitive Sweets

• Bakery
Contact 714-968-9169

17431 Brookhurst St (at Slater), Fountain Valley, California, USA, 92708

A dedicated vegetarian, gluten-free, and nut-free bakery specializing in custom cakes. Reported vegan except the lemon bars contain eggs and maybe uses honey in a few items- ask.

First Review by Ricardo Consuegra

excellent and very helpful - Edit

Excellent quality- gf vegan except the lemon bar has eggs. I live in Las Vegas and make a point to come here every time I am down here. The push up cake pops are awesome (moist and yummy), the cookies are super sweet but worth it. Also the have the best gf vegan bread ever

Amazing Wedding Cake but.... - Edit

I LOVED the succulent wedding cake they designed for me, the catch is you have to ask them to make it sweeter... I went for 25% sweeter and it was great!

As is, all of their regular desserts when you visit the shop are in desperate need of additional sugar, I didn't care for anything I picked up there after my wedding cake tasting.

Pros: Vegan Wedding Cakes, Friendly and accommodating staff

Cons: Pricey, Severely lacking sugar

Vegan Cupcakes are divine! - Edit

The first time I tried their cupcakes I was not too impressed. There was some grainy texture in the cake. However, I revisited it again lately and that problem disappeared. Their cupcakes are gluten free and vegan. Their lemon bars are not vegan.

If you are not sure, ask, the person there knows the ingredients.

What I love is the Red Velvet cupcakes. However, I tried the Mint Chocolate Chip and Black Forrest. They are divine!

I was also offered the cake pop. Vegan cake pop! It was Raspberry Chocolate. Wow, very good!

I recommend this bakery. I ordered a quarter sheet of red velvet cupcakes for my co-worker birthday and everyone in the office loved it. They don't know it was gluten free vegan.

The only caveat is that it is quite expensive. It is probably because of the quality of ingredients they use and the fact that it is gluten free.

Pros: Cupcakes are yummy, Cake pop was yummy, Gluten free vegan (check which one)

Cons: Expensive

sensitive sweets - Edit

Nice to have a (almost) vegan bakery in these parts...finally! It's no Vegan Treats (PA), but in that ballpark. I had a good cupcake, and lemon/blueberry bar thing. I have to say Native Foods' cupcake is hard to top, but SS's was good, the bar was better, but both were about a dollar more than they were worth in my opinion. Not "sensitive" or "sweet" to people with small wallets.

Pros: vegan-mostly

Cons: expensive

try it and decide for yourself - Edit

My girlfriend brought home two different cupcakes. They were a little bit better than okay. I wanted to give them another shot so I stopped and picked up some cupcakes and cookies.
The cookie was disappointing and overpriced. The cupcakes were a little bit better than the first time around. I would say neither bad nor great, just flat out good. Would be nice if they offered vegan versions of they lemon bar and brownie, not hard to do. I would recommend checking the place out and seeing for yourself, however, unless you are completely inexperienced at gluten free vegan baking, i think you could do much better yourself.

Cons: selection, price, quality

awsome sweets - Edit

I stumbled across this bakery while searching for a vegan restaurant to eat. I bought about 5 different cupcakes for me and my wife to taste from. They were all so good that we decided to come back and order my son a birthday cake a few weeks later. the cake was beautiful and everyone enjoyed the cake very much. Which is something to say since everyone else in my family and in laws are meat eaters

Pros: friendly service, knowledgeable about diet restrictions, healthy for you sweets

Cons: some of the decorative fondant isn't vegan

Return to Fountain Valley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sensitive Sweets closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1081 times since Jun 2011.