Saravana

Contact 27397633

Shop 105, First Floor, Chung King Mansion, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

Established 2007, Punjabi managed. Offers 2 full separate menus, 1 vegetarian. and 1 meat based. Nearest MTR - Tsim Sha Tsui exit H. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Stevie

Sarvana, Hong Kong - Edit

It is very disappointing to find out they offer and serve inside Saravana from a full meat menu

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-29

Cons: They offer and sell from a full meat menu

Very tasty! - Edit

Of course the decor and restaurant ambiance is very basic & minimal (or some people may call it shoddy) but there is aircon, fans, comfortable seating etc.

We ordered two masala chaas (buttermilk), 2 paneer dishes (chilli paneer and kadhai paneer), 1 dahi rice (yoghurt rice), 1 tandoori roti (vegan), 1 chappati (vegan) and 2 (gulab jamun). the food was plentiful and my husband and I couldnt finish. the bill amounted to HK$ 356.

I would rate the food 5/5. everything was perfect, paneer was so fresh! was surprised at the quantity of paneer cubes in the dishes (it was in fact less than the gravy which is very rare and surprising).

Next time will surely try their thaalis and other Indian desserts.

Pros: Tasty food, not cheap but definitely reasonable, Lots of vegan options, staff friendly

Cons: I hate chung king mansion.. i hate that building

tasty and cheap - Edit

Hard place to find as it's tucked away inside a huge building with no directions visible to. But food is cheap with lots of taste and they have vegan naan which isn't a every day treat. Interior is less then nice and no windows. But if it's good indian veggitarian/vegan food you're after this place will not disappoint.

VickyMan 23 Sep 2016 - Hi, the waiter or manager (I'm not sure) informed me that the naan contains egg...

They understand vegetarians - Edit

I have been coming here for over a year and I have always enjoyed the food. Large portions, cheap and always good food.

I am always amazed at the type of people that visit here as it is so diverse. Sometimes there are whole families that take up 2-3 tables (so funny when a conversation goes between 2-3 tables), sometimes there is a young Indian couple on a date, lots of travelling Indian businessmen (I was talking to one individual who was on a very specific vegan diet and he always makes time to visit Saravana when in town. #loyalty) and a myriad number of European, North American and Australian accents. And of course, there are the locals that you almost might mistake for being part of the establishment.

My favourites: Masala Dosa (so yummy), Northern Tali and Chana Bhattura (so unhealthy but so good!). And they have cold beer on very hot days!

What I don't like: It's not necessarily a bad thing but when I walk into the Mansion, I don't appreciate people trying to get me to come to their restaurants. Almost forcing me. I have even had touts, as I am mere steps from Saravana's entrance and they know I am headed directly there, will still try to get me to go to another restaurant. Why?

good Indian food - Edit

first time in HK so walking into Chung King mansion almost scared me off this place, there were like 20 dudes in your face trying to sell you something as soon as you walk up, we almost couldn't get through the door! but once upstairs we found this little family joint, they cooked us loads of spicy food for cheap ($250 total for two, with lassi drinks, and it was more than we could eat) so it's worth seeking out if you want no frills veg Indian food.

Pros: cheap, good

Cons: atmosphere

Sarvana, HK - Edit

Food and service was amazing. I ordered dahi puri, north thali and ragada patties was the best out of all. Price is very reasonable and definitely worth the pay. Had loads of fun eating good quality food. It also provides WiFi which is a plus always. Definitely recommended this place if you are looking for good quality food at a good price. I personally would definitely come back to eat there again.

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saravana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.