Saraswathy Bavan

+44-20-89021515

549 High Road, Wembley, North West London, England, HA0 2DJ

London vegetarian restaurant specializing in South Indian cuisine, particularly dosas. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by MrDesai

The best paneer I ever had - Edit

"Chilli paneer (dry)" appetiser, best paneer I ever had. And I love paneer. It's massive for an appetiser too - I had a dosa as a main, couldn't finish it. Place is a bit basic but the food is cheap and amazing.

Pros: amazing paneer, cheap, quality food

Cons: decor dated and basic

Amazing food - Edit

We have been going to Sarashwathy Bavans for years.
The food is the best around, very tasty.
Would very highly recommend a vist.
We even had catering from them at one of our parties.

Sometimes service is slow at peak times this is understandable
Always served freshly made

Pros: Excellent Food, Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff

Awful Service! - Edit

As it's local to us (10mins walk away) we end up going here regularly BUT no more after several bad experiences of customer service! Too many to list but here goes with some of them:

1. Taking our order but serving people who have come in after us! These people just happened to be South Indian and we got the feeling they got preference over us!!

2. No acknowledgement of mistakes! The staff are so untrained and dis-respectful - when they make mistakes and we kindly point them out they become all defensive and take it personally!

3. Liars! Once our order didn't come even after 40 mins of waiting! We asked the manager and he said "its coming" - even though other people who came after us were being served before us! He went to the kitchen and how would you know in 5mins our order came! Obviously they had forgotten about our order!

4. Once the food came so late that it was cold! Asked to heat it up - and it took another 10 mins to come!!

After the first 2 times we thought we'd give them a go but no more now!

Pros: Decent Food, Cheap, Vegeterian

Cons: Awful service, Bad staff!, Liars!

Return to North West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saraswathy Bavan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.