Santoni - When food is the solution

Ronda Sant Antoni 63, Barcelona, Spain, 08007

Vegan bakery and cafe with sit-down menu. Offers vegan croissant and cupcakes, typical Spanish bocadillos made with vegan sausages, smoothies and juices, and a few other main dishes which change daily. Has soymilk, cold pressed juice, kombucha and vitamin drinks in refrigerator. Non-veg turned vegan in 2017. Under new management August 2020. Open Mon-Thu 10:00-22:00, Fri-Sat 10:00-00:00.

Categories: Vegan, Pizza, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Spanish

First Review by Blueberries

VeganBecks87

Points +796

02 Sep 2020

Friendly owners and delicious pastries 🥰

I was away with my friends in Barcelona and decided to get up early one morning, get into Happy Cow and find myself an vegan hot spot for breakfast! I found this little place and was so happy when I got there! The owners are really friendly, compassionate people and the pastries and fresh juices are absolutely incredible! I loved sitting up the stalls on my own by the window and watching the busy streets of Barcelona pass by whilst I ate one of the best croissants I’ve ever had in my life, it was fabulous!!! I will definitely be going back aswell!!

Updated from previous review on 2020-09-02

Pros: Croissants, Owners, Juices

Robert77

Points +37

30 Aug 2020

Tasty vegan sandwiches and croissants

Unusual variety of sandwiches in the menu. I ordered the healthy one and a cereal croissant. Both were great. They also have some witty T-shirts promoting veganism. I didn't ask but I guess they are selling them.

YamiGhor

Points +37

14 Aug 2020

Increïble

Un menjar exquisit, no vaig parar de menjar més del que podia, tot el que surt a les fotos em va encantar!
L'atenció a destacar, ja que va ser molt familiar i agradable amb tot ben explicat.
El preu molt correcte per ser vegà i no ser una cadena i estar al centre.
Un local molt acollidor i amb tocs de cultura pop i friki que mola molt.

Molt recomanable 🤟🤟🤟

Pros: Bon preu, Deliciós, Atenció al client

Cons: Espai petit pero aprofitat i acollidor

MateuszLasoń

Points +13

11 Aug 2020

Great food and staff

Greatest experience so far in Barcelona.
This really small place offers everything you need: fresh and delicious sandwiches, flavorful burgers and pastries.
The girl who's the only person here - preparing food, collecting orders and being a waiter - is so kind and helpful (speaks good English which is so rare!). Sucks there's no one to help her though.
100% recommendation

Pros: Affordable, Great food , Great stuff

sonia_guino

Points +271

04 Aug 2020

Delicioso

Pequeño restaurante que ofrece desde dulces hasta menú 100% vegano. Los dueños son muy amables.

whepper

Points +519

02 Aug 2020

Good vegan breakfast & lunch options

Update: new owners, new interior, same great food!

Nice little place on the corner of Plaça Universitat that sells croissants and other sweet cakes. Also offers a daily menu and a la carte options like typical Spanish baguettes with vegan meats and cheese or tortilla, burgers, etc. Also offers different kind of fresh smoothies and juices.

Pros: Typical Spanish options but vegan!, Friendly ‘vegan for the animals’ owners, Cool vegan / animal rights merch!

Burnikell

Points +70

28 Jul 2020

Cute little breakfast

Cute little cafe with nice outdoor seating and good food. The “ham and cheese” croissant was very tasty.

KateGe

Points +28

03 Jul 2020

Very good croissants.

This is a great place for a quick breakfast, the croissants, pains au chocolat and empanadas were all really good!

Cinthia

Points +38

03 Jun 2020

Good location

Every kind of vegan treats, desserts, savoury dishes.

NanamiN

Points +24

28 May 2020

I would come back

The local is tiny and quiet, and there are multiple choices of breakfast.
We order some empanadas, croissants and coffe and kombucha. Everything was tasty and different. I would recommend a visit for breakfast!

Pros: Tiny and Quiet, Different tastes, Price

JenniferValentini

Points +72

05 May 2020

Always a must visit when in town

I’ve probably been here at least 6-8 times in the 3 times I’ve visited Barcelona. It’s tiny and sometimes confusing but there’s great breakfast and lunch options and I just love supporting small businesses. The owners have been there every time I’ve been. I have friends that don’t love it as much as I do, but for me it’s the perfect local hole in the wall.

Pros: Croissants! , Great variety , Small business/locally owned

minervagomez

Points +63

27 Apr 2020

Delicious

The empanadas are delicious.

JonJon

Points +17032

16 Mar 2020

Amazing choice of vegan treats, pizzas and sandwiches

Santoni cafe offers a large range of vegan dishes, from croissants to pizzas. I went there for breakfast and had ham and cheese empanada, a stuffed croissant with cheese and an apple pastry. Everything was tasty and comforting. The staff was very friendly, the place is conveniently located and inexpensive. I recommend the stop and would come back to try the pizzas.

Pros: 100% vegan, friendly staff, central location

MyaMai

Points +18

09 Mar 2020

Amazing!

Has way more than just baked goods...
Offers croissants (huge ones) pasties, cakes, brownies, sandwiches, pizzas, vegan omelettes, smoothies/choices, teas, coffees.

Ask for a menu! Sells so much more stuff than it appears to just based on the display at the counter.

Pros: So many vegan options , Lovely staff, Good for eat in and take away

Bilel

Points +16

04 Mar 2020

Super bon

La boutique ne paie pas de mine mais les produits sont super bon !
Le gateau au chocolat m’a clairement mis une claque probablement l’un des meilleurs cakes ever

Pros: Pleins d’options sucré salé

NereidaPalf

Points +54

22 Feb 2020

Trop bon

Plein d'options veganes pour manger.

Pros: 100% vegano!!

Massimo1984

Points +114

14 Feb 2020

Sucré, surtout du sucré svp

Viennoiseries fabuleuses (les petites "code d'aragosta" napolitaines à la crème de noisette sont incroyables), mais plats salés franchement pas top à l'exception de la tortilla à l'épinard.
Par contre, les gâteaux sont bon (rien de plus) mais à un prix abusé !

corbycorb

Points +902

12 Feb 2020

Great Coffee & Wonderful Pastry’s

Thought I would stop in before I started my day as it was only a couple of minutes from my hotel. I ordered a latte which was so good! Really lovely beans. They also had hazelnut milk which I was so happy about - not often you find hazelnut milk in cafes. It makes such a great latte!

I got myself a danish as well as a “Nutella” croissant. Both were really really tasty! The pastry was flakey and even had that “buttery” flavour. It’s just a small little cafe but it’s got a great selection of pastries, coffees and other drinks.

Pros: All vegan , Decent pricing , Very tasty

Vegfix

Points +471

10 Feb 2020

Great little bakery

Fine selection of pastries, drinks and cakes. The carrot cake looked divine, I couldn't wait to order a price and try it, but unfortunately it was not defrosted yet. So we had the activated charcoal crossiant and a couple of pastries which were nice. Great coffee too.

Cons: Quite small so only a few tables

Vegan_life_47

Points +63

27 Jan 2020

Another great little find in Barcelona😍

Great vegan sandwich/rolls smoothie,good coffee very friendly

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Small

veganfoodchaser

Points +283

25 Jan 2020

Vegan croissants!

I highly recommend this place for light breakfast/lunch! It’s a small cafe, so you might have a problem getting a table if it’s busy. They have about 5 croissants, I just tried the normal one which was only 1,10€. I also tried the pomegranate/strawberry/apple/currant smoothie which was very tasty and a good portion size. The cafe is in a central location so it’s fun for people watching and it’s very convenient.

Labylala

Points +674

22 Dec 2019

Yummy pastries

If looking for quick affordable breakfast, you have got to get the vegan pastries such as croissants at this place! We also got bigger meals (omelet/potato/sandwich), but it were just ok as compared to the simple croissant and cakes.

Pros: Affordable options, Delicious pastries

UrsulaP

Points +72

03 Dec 2019

Muy recomendable

Espacio chiquito pero acogedor. Bocadillos de buen tamaño y delicioso sabor. Servicio muy amable. Empresa familiar. Muy recomendable.

Pros: Gran variedad

Cons: Nada

DovileBingelyte

Points +18

02 Dec 2019

Geat breakfast place

Lovely food and atmosphere.

TorsiDawn

Points +708

30 Nov 2019

Omg loved t

Actually loved it here so much! The sandwich was def the best thing about the place. Juice was good and didn’t love the tortilla (maybe Madrid tortilla is diff ? )? But the sandwich was sooooo good !!!!

erynmarie

Points +113

29 Nov 2019

Great!

Cute little cafe with tons of choices. Very fast service too. The chocolate croissant was the highlight of my meal

shantiiiiiiii

Points +565

22 Nov 2019

SOO TASTY!!

amazing spanish/catalan foods. need to try it out!

@podrozowanie_na_weganie (vegan travelling with HappyCow)
@veg.essentials
@vegan.gems

Updated from previous review on 2019-02-01

Pros: amazing, nice inside, very tasty foods

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Santoni - When food is the solution closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.