• Sandy Mount House

Beer/Wine
British
Welsh
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large restaurant and wine bar in a boutique hotel. Has a separate menu for vegans and vegetarians. Reservations strongly recommended. Reported to have limited vegan options November 2021 - please send updates. Open Mon-Sat 09:00-23:00, Sun 09:00-22:30.

Venue map for Sandy Mount House
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by CatrionaLovell

IanLeaver

Points +341

14 Aug 2023

Not much in the way of options

There were a couple of choices for ‘nibbles’, but no vegan starters. Two not very interesting vegan option mains (ie vegetarian with dairy removed). The beetroot gnocchi was ok but nothing special. One vegan dessert.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Location

Cons: Expensive , Slow service , Poor vegan choices

EAMWK

Points +80

10 Mar 2022

Vegan stay

I booked this place, and my husband and I stayed for six nights (breakfast included). Five nights we had dinner in the restaurant. Two nights I chose vegan options from the menu, the last three nights the chef made me a different vegan meal (I’ve not eaten the same meal twice). The staff and team have been amazing and supportive. Nothing has been too much trouble. I’ve had vegan breakfast every day, and three course vegan meals in the evening. You just have to ask!

Updated from previous review on 2022-03-10

Pros: Two vegan options (main) on the menu

Cons: Vegan puddings not on the menu, but ask, Only soy milk, but ask if you want something else

NatashaKate

Points +16

04 Nov 2021

Some vegan options

I was concerned after I saw the review about them not being able to accommodate for vegans. However they had a few starter/side options and were happy to adapt a main to make it suitable for vegans too (this was also stated on the menu). Yes, more options would be great, but what I had was really lovely.

CatrionaLovell

Points +34

02 Nov 2021

No vegan options

Despite information on web there were NO vegan options and no effort to accommodate us. Broccoli salad and chips wasn’t meal.