Samasati Nature Retreat

• ( 2 reviews )

Serves fish, vegan options available. Retreat accommodation with open air restaurant and bar. Overlooks a view of jungle and sea. Vegetarian meals and occasionally fish are served-buffet style, three times a day.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Buffet, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Costa Rican, Non-veg

First Review by SIVI01

happykitty

Points +13

Vegetarian
14 Oct 2013

Great vacation great food

I just had a great vacation at Samasati. I highly recommend it. I had a bungalow overlooking the Caribbean, the beach is 10 minutes away but the Hotel is settled in a 250 acres reserve, so it's gorgeous, very quite, lots of wildlife. The food was vegetarian and you could ask for vegan or gluten free. Delicious. Local cooks trained apparently by a dutch raw food cook and some Italians, it was really an unexpected treat to have such a good food.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great View, Away from tourist crowds

SIVI01

Points +13

Vegetarian
16 Sep 2013

Amazing vegetarian food in the Jungle

Food at Samasati is amazing. The meals are offered buffet style; we had typical Costa Rican food (delicious!) mixed with international cuisine. Plenty of rich and fresh vegetables, wonderful dishes made with beans and grains, fresh and juicy fruits ...a real treat to the palate. The cooks blend in Caribbean spices and flavors like coconut for example with indian spices; fish is available upon request and we have had some fish filet Caribbean style that was delicious.
I have seen dishes for vegan clients who were staying while I was there and they looked very yummy ! I recommend Samasati to everyone!!

JoyZ

06 Nov 2020

I am sad to see that you are bragging about eating murdered fish on Happy Cow. Even worse that you ate the poor fish. I agree that the vegan food at Samasati is quite delicious!

Return to Puerto Viejo De Talamanca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Samasati Nature Retreat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.