Red Satay Grill

• Veg-friendly
Contact 506-204-8828

St. Goerge Street (at Lutz), Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a full page of vegan options that includes pho noodle soup and veg curry. Reported to use fish sauce on their vegetable selection so vegans/vegetarians confirm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Tre

Not bad - Edit

I have heard about Red Satay from some of my family members and was told they do have some vegan items so when Calactus was sadly closed, we decided to go here. The atmosphere is nice and warm and I like the decor. The waitress we had was extremely sweet and helpful. I asked about vegan options and even though Happy Cow states there's a vegan menu, that's not really true. Most items even on the vegetable menu side are not naturally vegan, they use a lot of fish sauce and deep fry the tofu in the same oil as meat. The waitress was up front and great about that. We asked if the tofu could be pan fried rather than deep fried and she asked for us and it was no problem but I highly suggest vegans SPECIFY as such.

The food was quick and plentiful. The food was very good and I enjoyed it.

I definitely recommend the Red Satay for vegans and non-vegans alike. Moncton seems to not offer much as far as vegan cuisine so this is a good option.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: VEGANS SPECIFY

Will never eat there again - Edit

They serve their VEGETARIAN springrolls, which are under the VEGAN part of the menu, with FISH sauce. Even after I asked if everything I was about to eat was VEGAN and was told "Yes, of course" I was served fish sauce. I wrote to the restaurant and told them this was extremely misleading and all they told me was that if anyone wanted another sauce they had to requested it. That fish sauce is automatically served. Even though on the menu this is not clarified, and my server did not inform me. It just makes me wonder what else they're not telling me. (After my email they have changed their 'vegan section' to a 'vegetable selection')

Return to Moncton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Satay Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1184 times since Jun 2011.