Raw Cafe

511-4469456

Independencia 587, Miraflores (at Angamos Oeste), Lima, Peru,

Restaurant and organic store. Serves raw and vegan food for breakfast, lunch, tea time, and early dinner. Has raw desserts. The store area sells superfood like spirulina, camu camu, blueberries, Peruvian cacao nibs, stevia, yacon syrup, fresh sprouts, chia seeds, maca, oils, and more. Quiet, has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, All Raw

First Review by maynard7

awesome healthy Food - Edit

Food was super delicious and healthy
Staff was friendly and helpful
Cooked and raw Dishes

Pros: raw and cooked, spanish and english menu , Many options (Burger, raw pizza, salads, gratin, d

Cons: No outside Seating , Coffee is not so good (No real coffee / Espresso m

One of my favourites - Edit

The first time I went it was 2014. I totally fell in love with the place. The food is amazing, every dish is full of flavour... Raw pizza, variety of salads, falafel, smoothies and more. The staff is always friendly and the prices are ok. Always my first option when I'm in Miraflores :)

Delicious food and friendly staff - Edit

After our first night in Lima, we went into the Raw Cafe for breakfast.
The food is delicious and really big.
There are raw meals and also cooked meals.

Pros: delicious, healthy food, big meals

Heaven! - Edit

A cute little restaurant with an excellent menu with lots of variety.
When we walked in we were instantly drawn towards the raw desserts at the cash and blown away by their beauty.
It took us a while to choose what to eat because we wanted it all!

The Royal drink is smooth and creamy and so yummy!
We ordered the portobello sandwich and kitchari and were in heaven. Loved it!!

Pros: Delicious food, Raw vegan options, Creative menu

Cons: Slightly pricey

My favourite - Edit

Hands down my favourite place in Lima for vegan food. Everything I've had there has been delicious and the service is always lovely. They have so many different options and definitely the best vegan cheesecake in town. Also love that they do delivery which was really handy when I had an injury and couldn't go myself to get the goods. Would definitelly recommend the desserts, kombucha, the different bowls. pizzas and frapucchino!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Good vibe

Cons: A bit more pricey than other places but worth it

Fresh and wonderful nourishment - Edit

Wonderful vegan juices and creative raw and hot dishes close to the Huaca Pucllana pyramid site . Had the delicious Ultra smoothie to reboot and a raw pizza with a crispy sundries tomato crust. If sweet entrees are not for you then order without the agave sauce because it's a bit sweet but still strangely tasty. Cappuccino with almond milk was lovely and a selection of desserts and snacks were available to pack for a walk in the parque.

excellent! - Edit

The raw cheesecake and the beer juice was delicious!

Absolutely fabulous! - Edit

One of the best raw restaurants in the world. So many delicious and beautifully plated dishes to choose. A full selection of juices and smoothies, raw and cooked entrees including breakfasts.

I had the detox green juice and a Buddha bowl. Most delicious!

They do everything right here. Organic, vital and raw options.

Pros: Great prices, Awesome plating, just gorgeous

OK - Edit

Update December 2016... I'm back in Peru for Christmas and staying just around the corner from this restaurant so I decided to try it again. Today I ordered the "Wrap Linaza". I was surprised at how small it turned out to be. It was honestly just a snack and not a meal. The cost is 18 Soles for this small wrap as of December 2016. As I mentioned in my previous review from a few years ago you can get a complete lunch elsewhere for less money. I thought what I ordered today tasted okay but it was really nothing special. And certainly not special enough to charge this much money for.

I would also mention that many of the items on the menu actually include cooked ingredients and are not completely raw. I believe when I went there a few years ago everything was raw. Now you have to look at the menu to see which items are indeed cooked so that you can avoid them if you were looking for a raw food experience.

This was the last time for me here, but others positively gush about the food at this restaurant so I guess they're doing something right. I just have a much more sensitive cost-benefit analysis than the average person that would eat here I suppose. As always, I respect everyone else's review.
-------------
I wish I could rate this place higher, but on the day I went, the food was just average. I have been to the Raw Cafe in Las Vegas, Nevada, and was really impressed with the raw creations there. The Raw Cafe in Lima doesn't even come close.

Today I got the "living pizza" and I didn't think it was all that great. If I had more time left in Lima, I might have gone back again at dinner time to try other items. Probably once was enough for me here... I wouldn't make a special trip to eat here, but if you're in the neighborhood, try it out.

I arrived at 200pm and all the seats were taken, with more people waiting outside. So get there either early, or late.

Most of the main plates are 16 or 18 Soles as of February 2014. By USA standards, it's not expensive, but you can get a full meal at other veggie places in town for 10 or 11 soles, including the drink and dessert.

Updated from previous review on 2014-02-11

Cons: Not everything is raw, Prices, Flavor lacking on the day I went

2 Responses

DaveMiami 31 May 2014 - The place in Vegas is called "Go Raw Cafe." You might be confusing it, they aren't related to "Raw Cafe" in Lima I believe.

maynard7 06 Oct 2014 - I'm sorry if my review was confusing. When I compared the Raw Cafe in Lima with the Go Raw Cafe in Vegas, I didn't mean for it to sound like they were related in any way. I was just comparing the only two restaurants I've ever been to that serve raw food. :-)

Amazing - Edit

This place deserves 5 stars without a doubt. My boyfriend and I have been back countless times for both lunch and dinner within about 4 days in Lima and tried nearly every item on the menu and in the desserts cabinet. Every meal is so fresh and healthy and clean and absolutely delicious and flavourful. An absolute heaven and a perfect find for a vegan travelling in South America, my body needed some food like this in my life again after being without it for too long. Couldn't recommend this place enough.

Pros: Food, Desserts

Buenísimo. - Edit

Los postres son los mejores manjares divinos del mundo.

Good place for eating raw food in Lima - Edit

Visited in June 2016.

This was the first branch of Raw Cafe in Lima.
The plates are mostly; but not exclusively, raw. The menu is not so extensive; but there is plenty to choose from.

The food was good; but we particularly enjoyed the sweets.

The service was great, as the staff was very attentive and nice. The atmosphere was also quite alright; since we went during a weekday, there were many customers who seemed to work around the place.

I'd like to come back next time I'm in Lima; however, it probably won't be in my top priority list of vegan restaurants.

Pros: good taste, variety of menu

So good!! - Edit

When I went there, it was the first time I had Falafels. They were the best thing i´ve had in my life. They were so good! They came with a very big bowl of salad. 100% recommended, although what i don´t recommend are the nuggets...

Pros: cheap, good stuf, pretty place

Cons: not a lot to choose from, really bad nuggets, small place

That cheesecake tho. - Edit

We were greeted by a friendly waitress before settling in the corner of the small cafe. The decor was super upmarket, and the cake display by the till looked incredible!

The waitress's recommended that we order the Buddha bowl, quinoa bowl & something else I can't quite remember the name of. So we did just that.

Although initially we were a little annoyed about the prices (between 20-30S just for the salad bowls!!) we were quickly surprised and delighted by how incredible the food was. The dressings that came with each dish really made each bowl!

We then ordered a dessert each; I tried the chocolate & custard Apple raw cheesecake which turned out to be a little slice of heaven. My cousin had an incredible cacao nib & lucuma smoothie & my dad tried out the lime cheesecake. All of them were utterly delectable and well worth a visit, even if just to try the chocolate cheesecakes.

At 15s a pop, the desserts were far from cheap & I won't be able to afford to go back there on a backpackers budget. However, if you ever fancy splashing out, this is the place to do it!

Pros: Amazing cheesecake, Helpful staff, Quinoa bowl on point

Cons: Not backpacker prices, Salads could be bigger

Very nice - Edit

Good food and thought out preperations. Excellent.
Deff try it. Quite pricey and the portions are a tad bit small. Im a hungry vegetarian not a rich 90 pound anorexic...

Pros: The whole menu. Clean place. Nice staff.

Cons: I dont have two stomachs so I couldnt eat more :p

re charged! - Edit

what great food! a wheat grass shot and a GIANT bowl of fresh raw food. gave my body great energy. my hungry boyfriend and I were so full - and energized!! (rather than full and tired)
clean bathroom, friendly service. lots of raw chocolates and other healthy items for sale too.

Muy bueno! - Edit

Excelentes y muy variadas opciones Raw. Las ensaladas Super abundantes al igual que casi todos los platos por lo que pude observar. El postre increíble! Muy rico todo

Good, tasty, raw food - Edit

Raw café has a lot of vegan dish to propose, very good, very original and tasty.
The lucuma smoothie is excellent, so the pizzas ! And the desert.

But it’s not entirely vegan as they sell honey.

Pros: nice staff, tasty , localisation

Cons: price moderate, sell honey

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raw Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.